Atmos LX Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mparr

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good evening,

I'm a new diver that made the leap to buying my own gear early (figured better to learn in my gear and get comfortable early :) ) so this could totally be something that I'm doing wrong.

I have the Atmos LX BCD and I'm having issues dumping air. I've been working a lot on getting my buoyancy right in our local Florida springs and I've had a few times where I've added to much air and been unable to release it with the power inflator. I've had to use the pull ball to stop what feels like a pretty uncontrolled ascent. I've tried this in a prone position and also floating upright in the water. I hole the hose up and hit the button and no air releases. If I pull the ball air comes out with no issues.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Is this something I should get serviced?

Next month I'm taking my gear to the caribbean and will be doing some deeper dives. Not being able to dump air in a controlled manner is something I'd like to get sorted before then :).

Thanks in advance,

Matt

It sound like you don't have the dump as the highest point, Make sure you don't have the hose clamp down in that velcro holder on the shoulder. Also try this on land fill you BCD all the way up with air then hit the dump valve if air comes out it's dumping. After that have someone watch you as you dump the air out underwater.

Thanks for the reply. To clarify I can release air with no issues on land or even floating on the surface. At depth is when I'm having an issue. This has happened to me on 3 separate dives and I've tried releasing in different positions. A friend of mine also noted the velcro strap on the shoulder and I do run the valve through that to keep cable clutter down. I'll look tonight and see if that strap is clamping the hose when I turn it up to release air. If this is not the case any other suggestions?

Thanks again,

Matt

If you can't get it to work out for you, I've got an LX new in the bag that i'll sell you cheap. Size MED. PM if you'd like another or a backup. Also have a brand new Aeris Atmos AI Air Integrated Computer Console, With Compass & Quick Disconnect for sale that I need to get rid of. If you're still in need of a good computer, I'll make you a great deal on this one.

John

I hope this pic is clear. remove the corrugated hose from the circled spot. Also that BCD has a pull dump that should work as well unless the interior cable is broken. The inflator need to be the highest point with no bends otherwise the air does not flow.

Attachments

• p_bcs_atmoslx_front1.JPG
    p_bcs_atmoslx_front1.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 70
Sorry for the delay on the response.

I'm doing another springs dive this weekend or next and I will have my buddy watch my BC and report back. I did look at the BC last night and it does not appear that the hose is getting compressed when pulled up.

I see what you are saying about removing it from the velcro strap all together but my fear is it would slide down to my side or behind me making it hard to find when I need it. Maybe I'm being overly cautious but hey I'm new and cautious is likely a good thing :).

You can leave the LP hose thier and that will keep the corrugated hose close.

My two cents: Since you did say you are a new diver, just make sure you are not holding your breath while you are trying to dump your air. You might actually be dumping your air properly, but it might not stop your accent of "feeling" of accent if you have lungs full of air. Make sure you keep breathing and let it take moment to balance out. I constantly used to dump and add, dump and add through out my dives with the same BCD. What i noticed is that "feeling" of accending can be somewhat alarming and cause a panic. make minor adjustments and control your breathing.

best of luck, Mark

Back
Top Bottom