Atlanta to Vortex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey there Hot-lanta divers!!!

Taking my wife down to Vortex Springs the weekend of th 7th & 8th so she can work on some of her skills in good visibility.

Anyone want to tag along????

The Kracken:

Taking my wife down to Vortex Springs the weekend of th 7th & 8th so she can work on some of her skills in good visibility.

Make sure you get there early! The myriad of students tend to kick up the bottom in short order. :)

Yes, I know!!! Hopefully the starting up of the school shopping season will reduce the number of mud-makers.

The Kracken:

Does Vortex have good vison the weekends? I don't think so.

Depends . . . one of those wonderful unknowns.
It depends on how many classes show up for certification and so forth.
After school starts back it's a little bit better than other parts of the year.
Monies are being directed to school needs so diving, to some extent, takes a back seat.

Besides, a man always needs to have a dream!

Maybe on the 8th, I have a wedding to attend in New Orleans on the 7th so it'll depend on the reception.

Did couple dives last tuesday at Vortex. Went at about 5pm and had the place to ourselves. Weekends are supposed to be crowded though. Only about 4 snorkellers and 3 divers in the whole spring.

It is possible to have a good dive at Vortex on the weekend. Early morning or late afternoon will be the best dives between 9am and 7pm you can always work on your nav skills.

JDB,
The "work on the nav skills" is sublime !!!!!
Laughing my butt off. Yep, it can get milky and populated during the middle of the day.

Back
Top Bottom