Athens Sunday 6th, 66 degrees

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TGamel

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey folks, just wanted to let you know about the water conditions at Athens this weekend. The water was 66 degrees and vis 20ft. My wife and I arrived late in the afternoon as we have family in Canton. She actually snorkled for 30 minutes with just a bathingsuit and tee shirt, what a polar bear!!!

Found a gentleman (Larry) and his 15 year old son (John) who had just finished thier certification about the same time as I, and we dove together for about 60 minutes. I had my Bare 3/2 suit, and a 3mm hood and stayed the water for about an hour. The water felt great and by 3:30 we were the only people at the park....After 30 minutes of snorkling, my wife took over a beach master and made sure we got out of the water by 5:10.

We had a great time and the folks at Athens were cool. although Larry had to refill his tank and it was $10.00 ouch!!! So don't let the time of year keep ya from diving!!!

Back
Top Bottom