Athens Scuba Park 6/16/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Our family is going to Athens Scuba Park on Wed. I wouldn't expect us to get there extremely early, but we'll be there before noon anyway (hopefully between 10-11). If anyone wants to join, post here and we'll be looking for you. Hopefully the weather won't keep us from going again.

We're still driving our white monte carlo. Hope some of you Swampers are able to make it!

Foo

Foo:
Our family is going to Athens Scuba Park on Wed. I wouldn't expect us to get there extremely early, but we'll be there before noon anyway (hopefully between 10-11). If anyone wants to join, post here and we'll be looking for you. Hopefully the weather won't keep us from going again.

We're still driving our white monte carlo. Hope some of you Swampers are able to make it!

Foo

GF is taking her first day of Advanced OW tomorrow at TSP so I wont be able to make Athens. Just got back from whitney last night, logged 12 dives in 3 days. I'm feeling a bit water logged hehe. I'm sure we'll meet up eventually.

Moostang

We've been watching the weather and it looks like a good day to go diving, this morning. So we'll be out there between 11-12 if anyone wants to join us.

Have fun today, Moostang, we'll have other chances. I wonder which of us will have better vis today? ;o)

Foo

We went to Athens today- our first trip there. We had a favorable impression, although we were disappointed in the vis- we went there with high hopes of the sometimes 60' report vis (I suppose horizontal measurement there, the part we dove today was only about 25-35 ft). The rain has caused a lot of runoff, it seemed that there was a thick haze in there, although we still had about 10-12' vis. (Squinting at 12').

It was nice and warm, a skin or even no wetsuit should be plenty for most people, some of my family wore 3 mm shorties. We saw lots of sunken cars, planes, etc. and the day turned out to be beautiful. (Weather channel, bahhhhh). There were only about 3 small groups of divers, counting us, so Wednesday is definately a great day to go. Even though one group did manage to dim the lights considerably for us as they finned the clay bottom. LOL, only 3 groups and it still happens.

We thought the owners were very nice, and Calvin checked out & light-serviced my daughter's borrowed reg for us. We wanted her to have more dives before going to Coz next Sat. She did great, although she did have a problem that maybe one of you can help us with: she wears full-foot fins due to an extreme lack of mobility in her ankle (2 plates, 12 screws, etc.). They gave her blisters so that by the time we finished our second dive, she was feeling them and ready to get out. Is there some kind of thin dive sock, or something of that nature to wear with these type fins? I've already thought about when we have to go back to heavy wetsuits, her feet will be so cold without some kind of protection. I appreciate any help you might give!

Happy diving,
Foo

Foo:
....she wears full-foot fins due to an extreme lack of mobility in her ankle (2 plates, 12 screws, etc.). They gave her blisters so that by the time we finished our second dive, she was feeling them and ready to get out. Is there some kind of thin dive sock, or something of that nature to wear with these type fins? I've already thought about when we have to go back to heavy wetsuits, her feet will be so cold without some kind of protection. I appreciate any help you might give!

Happy diving,
Foo

Foo....there are sox available made of lycra, like a skin. They aren't fitted like you think of socks but they do the job. I've seen them in several dive shops. Or go to Wally World and get her a pair of those nylon 'dress' socks. You remember, the white ones with lace around the top we had to wear to church? :wink: They're made of the same stuff, no lace!

Thanks Dee!

I ordered some of the socks for my daughter today from our LDS, while I was there getting my husband's Father's Day present: some Dacor Tiger fins. He used a pair a couple of weeks ago (good sales move on the dive shop owner's part, lol) and he really liked them. I already gave them to him tonight (neither one of us could wait)- surprise! He's excited to have them before we head to Coz.

Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom