Atami Oshogatsu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mushroom King

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After picking up some o-mamori from the shrine and giving some coins to the monks, I met up with some JUE divers in Atami on the 3rd and 4th.

Fantastic. two great days, warm and wonderful conditions. Viz was not excellent but above average, yet the water was such a pretty colour of blue it made for some great dives - and hardly any other divers!

On the fourth we were joined by two visitors from Sweden. Fortunately, the chinsen was just exploding with schools of fish and made for a great dive and just a bit different than diving in Sweden I should think!

here are a few pics

Wow. Sounds great.

I actually miss Atami... Probably go there mid January with Eriko and take some pictures.

The Swedes are now back in rainy Stockholm..

The Atami dives were great!! Quite an experience for a guy like me with just a few dives experience and all of them in murky swedish autumn waters, and definitively better than we both expected.

Too bad that I'm such a gas-guzzler. I would not have minded if the first wreck dive had lasted twice as long.

Thanks so much for allowing us to dive with you. We had a great time and trying out the plate/wing-combo really got us hooked. We both preferred that to the BCDs we've used so far.

I'll start going through my photos now to see if there are any worth posting

Cheers

Too bad that I'm such a gas-guzzler. I would not have minded if the first wreck dive had lasted twice as long.

Thanks so much for allowing us to dive with you. We had a great time and trying out the plate/wing-combo really got us hooked. We both preferred that to the BCDs we've used so far.

You are more than welcome to come back anytime! Keep practising in your murky waters, and when you travel, your skills will be well rewarded! And we're glad you could enjoy the new hot tub in Atami too !!! always nice after a good dive!

:D

Nice pictures!!

Unfortunately, my work and travel schedule has kept me out of the water since Christmas Eve... I just spent a week in Hawaii on business and barely had time to get a drink on the beach at our hotel! That was a bloody crime! 6 days in Hawaii and not a single chance to get in the water... Oh well -next time!

Hawaii.... No diving.... Shameful....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom