At20-us4 worldwide availability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gekodivebali

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is the at20-us4 model being phased out globally by Apeks?
I'm trying to buy 10 full sets for my shop locally (Indonesia) and am told to expect a 2-3 months delivery time.
The sole distributor even had the guts to hint that i should upgrade to the Xtx20-ust version for only 100 something dollars more. While the problem is not necessarily to pay a bit more, i do not want the added maintenance costs. Explaining this to the sales manager, i got the answer that the turret added no further complication... Now either the salesman knows nothing about servicing his own product or is completely out of whack. In any case, this is the worst case of bad sales attitude I've ever come across and makes me reconsider sticking to the one dive brand I've been faithful to for years...
Any advice?

The AT 2nd stages have been replaced in the US by the XT's.
I believe in the UK the AT and XT have been available together for some time.
My preference for rental would be the AT since it doesn't have the silly press button to remove the exhaust T.
As for servicing the parts are the same.

The 1st stages have remained unchanged for many, many years.
I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to get the US4.....the only advantage for the UST is 2 HP ports.

The AT 2nd stages have been replaced in the US by the XT's.
I believe in the UK the AT and XT have been available together for some time.
My preference for rental would be the AT since it doesn't have the silly press button to remove the exhaust T.
As for servicing the parts are the same.

The 1st stages have remained unchanged for many, many years.
I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to get the US4.....the only advantage for the UST is 2 HP ports.

Agreed. The small snap locked exhaust "door" on the AT is less for the "rentee" to play with. Although I see no real disadvantage to the UST in rental, the US4 is smaller, and as simple and reliable as a brick. For $100 less each, I would wait for the US4.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom