At home Firmware Update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tbone1004

Mr Speed Nuts
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Will you be releasing the updated firmware us to update through the app?

Have a cootwo that locked me out in the middle of a trip because the CO sensor went out of calibration and it won't let me use it in standalone O2 mode. Told me I needed the updated firmware to allow it to run in either CO or O2 only.
I ended up working around it by calibrating to my exhaled gas so I could finish the dive trip, but since I can calibrate at work I'm not spending the $60 to have it calibrated or $50 to have the fw updated for something that should be incredibly simple for you to write into the app.

Unless the current firmware doesn't support field updates over USB, in which case you'll have to send it back in.

The cootwo firmware can only be updated here at the factory as the controller does not support OTA
What is the address for shipping my cootwo for firmware update? Also how do I go about getting the O2 and Co sensor replaced at the factory. i do not wish to do that myself.

.... how do I go about getting the O2 and Co sensor replaced at the factory. i do not wish to do that myself.
You will need to purchase the O2 sensor and the CO calibration service

Once we see your order, our customer service will send you an email with RMA and shipping info.

Do I have to pay to have the firmware updated? I do not need you to replace any sensors or calibrate. I just want new firmware.

Do I have to pay to have the firmware updated? I do not need you to replace any sensors or calibrate. I just want new firmware.

From everything I have heard, DiveNav requires you to send the unit back to them and they charge for the firmware update.

So there is no other option besides paying you for at least something?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom