AST sensors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is anyone here running those in a Poseidon or other rebreather? Thoughts or experience on them?

I have been running a backup cell sensor on a Poseidon SSS cell for about a year now. Very sweet. Instantly on, no calibration, every time I check it against a known gas it is bang-on. The only reason I don't run my full units on them as primary, is that I have been waiting to send my heads in for the upgrade. I would not hesitate to dive the SSS in any situation.

I have my SSS cell as a primary, on my Se7en+. I haven't got a huge amount of dives on it, but so far it has worked flawlessly. I think it is a great improvement in technology. The cost over 10 years (the presumed lifespan of the SSS cell), is comparable to ten galvanic sensors. I wonder if it could also be worth replacing the secondary with another SSS cell, but I am probably going too far, at least till prices go down more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom