Assembling Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those hard plastic hose protectors moves the high tension point from the hose terminal to the hose protector end.
There are plastic+rubber hose protectors, much softer, which do the job pretty well.
Spread some silicone grease over the hose terminal and install a new soft hose protector. The silicone will allow you to slide it and will do the work much better.

Thanks for all the answers, I'm just going to leave the hose protectors off to save myself the trouble. If I do decide to put them back, I'll probably take it down to a LDS to get it done.

Chug: I'm from Singapore, we call a wrench a spanner here. I believe the English call it a spanner and Singapore was once a colony of the English, thus we follow their rules of the English Language...

Chug
Wants to know why ferriners' call a wrench a "Spanner".

I always thought it was just because the proper term was spanning wrench. Guess not.

From wikipedia:

In British English, spanner is the standard term. The most common shapes are called open-ended spanner and ring spanner. The term wrench is generally used for tools that turn non fastening devices (e.g. tap wrench and pipe wrench), or may be used for a monkey wrench- an adjustable spanner.
:dork2:

This website is based in 'Merica.
You people should type in 'Merikan.

Chug
Used to work for a British company, with Brits.
Spanning the globe......
*snicker*

I saw a neat trick for a hose protector to make a leash for carrying multiple stage bottles.

Otherwise I have removed all my hose protectors from everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, throw it in the garbage. They do nothing useful, and trap salt on the hose end and then prevent you from seeing the condition of the hose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
....Ditto....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom