Asia trips and coronavirus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It also leaves the various domestic companies the legal right to not do refunds. I believe if there was an official ban they would then have to refund everyone.

Oh, no. I have a half charter on a boat. Half of my half charter are from countries (Germany, UK) that have an official ban. We are not even talking a refund. We are talking about a re-schedule. The op is currently refusing to reschedule. My agent is still in talks. I am not naming names until this is final...But even that isn't enough for some ops.

Reactions: Jay
Oh, no. I have a half charter on a boat. Half of my half charter are from countries (Germany, UK) that have an official ban. We are not even talking a refund. We are talking about a re-schedule. The op is currently refusing to reschedule. My agent is still in talks. I am not naming names until this is final...But even that isn't enough for some ops.
I'm just going by what my Raja Ampat resort said. They said:
Currently because there are still no travel restrictions issued by the Indonesian government (except for China) and no lockdown has been enforced on touristic operations we are therefore legally still entitled to apply our standard Terms & Conditions.

I'm just going by what my Raja Ampat resort said. They said:

Old news...there are many travel restrictions for Indonesia for folks from certain countries. Not just China.

A lockdown might be in our favor (a la Philippines) but with some ops, as I mentioned, a country being banned entirely is not enough.

I'm in a similar spot ... their first response was hopeful thinking but that was several days ago. I'll also give it some time for things to settle and see if we can work out a re-schedule or a refund with a haircut.

.....have a dive trip planned to Misool leaving May 7. .....

Hi Jenlyn, my wife and I might be at Misool at the same time as you? (9D May 12 to 20). So far Misool is unwilling to re-schedule. We also have a live aboard Bali to Komodo after Misool. Whole trip is supposed to be May 8 through Jun 4th.

The two airlines involved, Eva Air and Garuda, are both making full refunds or re-scheduling, but only for bookings to the end of April. That target is a moving one, and we are counting on those dates moving into May in the near future. It would appear that both Misool and the live aboard will both refund or re-book as long as the flight cancellations are confirmed.

It also leaves the various domestic companies the legal right to not do refunds. I believe if there was an official ban they would then have to refund everyone.

I was able to get refunds from airlines and two places resorts in Bali. Another resort told us to get stuffed no refund.

Hi Jenlyn, my wife and I might be at Misool at the same time as you? (9D May 12 to 20). So far Misool is unwilling to re-schedule. We also have a live aboard Bali to Komodo after Misool. Whole trip is supposed to be May 8 through Jun 4th.

The two airlines involved, Eva Air and Garuda, are both making full refunds or re-scheduling, but only for bookings to the end of April. That target is a moving one, and we are counting on those dates moving into May in the near future. It would appear that both Misool and the live aboard will both refund or re-book as long as the flight cancellations are confirmed.

From EVA Air to me Dear xxxx

Your refund application has been submitted successfully and will be processed as soon as possible. The refund amount (if there is any refund value after the value of used portions and service charge deducted) will be credited into your credit card account, which was used to pay for the ticket. If the credit card is no longer available at the time of refund application, please contact your card issuing bank for the alternative way of your refund. Should you have any inquiries regarding the progression of your refund application, please contact EVA Air ticketing office for assistance.

From EVA Air to me Dear xxxx

Your refund application has been submitted successfully and will be processed as soon as possible. The refund amount (if there is any refund value after the value of used portions and service charge deducted) will be credited into your credit card account, which was used to pay for the ticket. If the credit card is no longer available at the time of refund application, please contact your card issuing bank for the alternative way of your refund. Should you have any inquiries regarding the progression of your refund application, please contact EVA Air ticketing office for assistance.
i also applied for a refund with EVA. I got the same email you posted on March 4th. Then On March 17th I received a "receipt of refund" ...still waiting for the money to credit to my account, though.

The last resort that refused a refund has now agreed to a reschedule after lots of negotiations. Hopefully they won't have changed hands or gone out of business by the time we take up their offer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom