As promised: Blue Ringed Octopus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

great blue ring!! i only saw my first one 2 weeks ago...

Maggie, there used to be a seafan in 8metres straight out from Atlantis that had pygmies... mind you that was back in 2001 :D

Thanks for all the posts, guys. We actually saw 2 Blue Ringed Octopus when we were in PG. I'll check my log book when I get home to she which dive sites they were at. We also saw Pygmy Sea Horses and I got a couple decent shots of them also. I'll post them when I get a chance to convert them to jpeg. I have just now finished the photos from my first 11 dives and we did 37 dives, so I still have a lot of pictures to go through.

We also dove the Pier at Dumaguete and have some awesome pictures from there. Overall it was a great trip to the PIs.

great blue ring!! i only saw my first one 2 weeks ago...

Maggie, there used to be a seafan in 8metres straight out from Atlantis that had pygmies... mind you that was back in 2001 :D

Now they have some at a dive site to the east of the resort in about 45 ft of water. I don't know how they find them, they are hard to see even when you know they are there. I'll check my logbook and post the dive site.

Here are the dive sites that we saw the Blue Ringed Octopus:

LALAGUNA POINT and DUNGON BEACH

We saw the Pygmy Seahorses:

SINANDIGAN WALL

All of these sites were at PG.

I'll post my Pygmy Seahorse pics in the next couple days.

Thanks for everyones posts and comments.

Kudos to you Fic.. A good guide a little bit of luck will usually end up in a good dive...

..but yeah, you're lucky. Pls do post your other photos and do come back for more!

Kudos to you Fic.. A good guide a little bit of luck will usually end up in a good dive...

..but yeah, you're lucky. Pls do post your other photos and do come back for more!

It was mostly luck. My wife found the first one and one of our group found the other one. We did have very good guides at PG and we had a the best guide that I have ever had at Dumaguete.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom