As of Wednesday, 27th Sept, I am officially OLD !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had just come back from seeing dad at the hospital. On the way home I stopped by KFC and got me a bucket of chicken as it was late and I didn't want to cook.

So there I was, sitting in my chair in the bedroom, feet up, eating chicken and watching one of the CSI shows where they were putting together a body that had been melted with bleach and other stuff in a tub. I had eaten around dead bodies before so no big deal.

Then, just out of the freaking blue, it feels like some one had snuck up and put a 50 cal round into the joint where my big toe joins my foot on my left foot.

It hurt so intensely and the come on was so fast that I jumped up screaming, threw a chicken leg across the room and jumped up and down on one foot. Dang that hurt.

By Friday my foot was the size of a foot ball and ...duh...I figure its time to go to the doc.

Ok ...are ya sitting down?>?? You ain't gonna believe this.....the doc says I have the GOUT.
The what? The freaking GOUT !!!!

I didn't even know you could get the gout anymore. I thought it was eradicated years ago. Ohhhh no. It is basically a build up of euric (sp ?) acid and it hits the big toe.

He gave me some pills and they work great. At least I can get my foot in my shoe again. Jeeze... I feel old.

I thought you were old....guess you have just been rode hard and put up wet too many times.. :)

Lets go diving Rich..

Hey Herman, sure wish I could.

My dad had a massive heart attack so for now my schedule is totally full.

As for being ridden hard and put away wet?? Your point is??? hehehe

It was the wax incident that caused it!

Hey, I get attacks of gout too! Must be my diet...
Age is a state of mind :D

aw, rich, sorry to hear about your *and* your daddy's health issues...

it was the chicken! it was the chicken!

Back
Top Bottom