Aruba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second JADS, they are a great crew, unfortunately Walter has moved on. ET, Urney, and the rest of the boat crew will take great care of you.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Got my recent sport diver to see aruba on the back. Jads and the folks from red sail taking some great photos on the back cover. Also had some great dives w/ Red Sail in Cayman, they get mixed reviews - I guess its who you get to dive with on the day you go and the conditions at hand that make or break your day.

enjoy Aruba - let us know who - and what sites you dive. Cat

UNIQUE SPORTS is terrible and could get you killed. used them one day and switched to a local guy (Native Divers)

its a long story but I will give you the short version.

Arrived, checked in, filled out paperwork and loaded the boat. Instructed to set up gear and then we waited. The DIVE Master asked to borrow MY knife twice to fix an equipment issue, twice. hmm I think that should have been a sign right there.

Sitting at the pier, we waited almost an hour for them to repair the throttle controls to the boat. It was a smaller craft and we had only 8 divers. Two larger crafts where not in use tied off shore. but we waited..

So, we get going.. then i noticed no Oxygen or emergency kits located on the boat AS advertised on there web site.

Hit the dive site and get to a Wreck and spend less then 10 minutes on the wreck. (Jane C) and then continue on with a Drift Dive.

So we surface, and guess where the boat was... still tied on the wreck and you can see the CPT climbing up and down trying to get the boat running... Mean while we are drifting further way from him and the only other dive charter near by. AFTER 45 minutes of waiting, another diver charter that was next to them came and got us...

will crowded on that boat and then transfered back to ours. so after the surface interval, the boat was still dead. Batterys spent and the Diver master borrowed my Knife again to help attempt repairs...

With a dead boat we went in for our second dive and swam against the current and drifted back to the boat.. surface on the boat, that was now running after someone came and did a jump start. Climbed aboard, with exhaust port in my face and just all around disappointed with the dive.

the Smart decision would have been to not Dive a second tank. What if there was a Diver emergency.... The boat still had dead batteries when we went in. I learned a lesson there... should have refused.

SO we get back to the peir and it's occupied by construction barge and crews. one working space to load an unload was ocuppied. SO we waited again for almost half hour to get of the boat.

get to the shop and they offered no apologies or consideration for the lost time, and terrible dive. They didn't care at all.. all the customers voiced there disappointment and no compensation in return.

Thats the short Version... more to it and I will never try them again... they are a cattle car operation and failed miserable.

I used Native Divers. Local guy that provides more personal service for advance divers.

Dive Aruba - Scuba Classes, Dive Trips and Equipment Rentals

If you are an experienced diver - this is your operator.

If you are new - might be a little intimidating - You will need to decide!

Well, it seems CLIVE is the guy to go with but his boat was inop at that time of my arrival. He didn't even now how much longer till it was fixed.

My buddy found Native Divers and we went with him. Worked out great. Did 4 days of diving with him. He cost the average, but there was only 2 of us on the boat. Kinda like a private charter for a week.. loved it.

But my mistake was going with unique sport diver for the first day.. it was so bad... they'll get you killed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom