Aruba vs. Bonaire to dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like them both, you can't go wrong. Bonaire for ease of diving. Aruba for variety. Aruba easier, and cheaper, to get to. Bonaire countryside prettier. Aruba for good , plentiful cheap food (Wendy's, Taco bell, McD, Burger King, Tomy Roma, etc). More divers in Bonaire, more dive-oriented. Recommend Clive at Dive Aruba in Aruba. Both island have great water froom the tap. Bonaire's sea water usually a wee bit clearer. Aruba has beautiful beaches.

Wow. Thanks to all who posted. Took me a little while to get to read the thread. There is a lot to consider and I will talk to my dive buddys. One wanted to go to Aruba for the wrecks! We are all intermediate and advanced divers with a fair amount of experience (together we have Hawaii (big island), Roatan, Cozumel, Catalina, Laguna, Palau, and some NE freshwater so this has been a good starting off point for discussion.

Thanks!

Rakayaker,

No one has mentioned diving the East Side. You do have Larry's Wildside, but there are also very challenging dives such as the Wilemstorem Lighthouse at the south tip of the island, and also a lot of the dive shops have East Coast shore entry points they use that are guided dives with no more than 4 persons. Also, there is the "Windjammer" that you need to get permission to dive (Walt at Rek Tek), which is a great wreck dive that is a decompression dive.

If you really wanted to do something interesting, you could dive some areas that haven't been, and then post what and were you were. Basically you can dive the WHOLE island (with the exception of the small area posted north of Karpata).

Dive Sites are marked with Yellow Rocks with names on it....You don't have to dive just there.....you can stop anywhere on the side of the road, grab your gear and go!!

One of our guests has found a very special spot and even named it, but only a select few know about it....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom