Aruba Shop Suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sask

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Travelling to Aruba for three weeks starting February 13. Looking for dive companies suggestions. My wife doesn't dive but I hope to get out for several dives over the three weeks.

I think JADS is the only small local dive shop still open. JADS Dive Center Aruba
There are other shops open. I’ve used JADS almost annually since 2015, including 2 trips last year and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I’ll be back diving with them again in June.

They are very safety conscious, have good guides and will pretty much let you dive your air (they’ll take folks that are low on air up separately). They are a fun team to dive with as well - great personalities. I highly recommend them so would suggest you definitely consider them in your search.

There are other shops open. I’ve used JADS almost annually since 2015, including 2 trips last year and have had nothing but good experiences with them. I’ll be back diving with them again in June.

They are very safety conscious, have good guides and will pretty much let you dive your air (they’ll take folks that are low on air up separately). They are a fun team to dive with as well - great personalities. I highly recommend them so would suggest you definitely consider them in your search.

Their website, as well as a couple of other shop’s websites, doesn’t show tank rental prices. Is renting tanks and doing your own shore dives a thing in Aruba or is it strictly guided boat/shore dives?

Erik

Their website, as well as a couple of other shop’s websites, doesn’t show tank rental prices. Is renting tanks and doing your own shore dives a thing in Aruba or is it strictly guided boat/shore dives?

Erik
I don’t think it’s really a thing - at least not widely done from my experience. I’ve done some shore diving but it was with a guide (though JADS). Several of the good shore dive spots on the southern tip area can have very strong currents so make sure to understand the sites if you are able to rent tanks and drop in without a local guide ( in many cases you might not be exiting where you entered if the currents are running).

I dove with JADS last year and as others have said, it was a good experience. When the shop I was diving with at the time wouldn't schedule a trip on Sunday, I went with JADS for that day.

When I return that is the shop I will be using from now on. Big boat, good DM's and good dives.

Thanks everyone, JADS it is!

Yes I realize there are other dive shops open but I don't use the on site chain dive shops, so I didn't include them. I used to use Native Divers and there was also Dive Aruba but sadly they both are now closed.

Yes I realize there are other dive shops open but I don't use the on site chain dive shops, so I didn't include them. I used to use Native Divers and there was also Dive Aruba but sadly they both are now closed.
Are you saying chain dive shops, or chain hotels/resorts with dive shops? I’ve never been to Aruba, but am thinking about it, so I’m sincerely curious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom