• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Aruba,Bonaire and Curacao dive operators and sites suggestions

Discussion in 'Cruises' started by Scuba2007, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Scuba2007

Scuba2007 Garibaldi

Hello Scuba board members. Greeting from Canada (Calgary-Alberta). My wife and I are PADI AOW certified divers since 2007 and have logged about 150 signed log dives around the globe.

We will be taking the Celebrity cruise in November this year to visit Bonaire,Curacao, Aruba and Grand Cayman. We would love to hear from the forum members any suggestion regarding dive operators and dive sites to visit at each port we will visit to help us to decide which island we will plan for our next extended stay dive trip with the whole family. This is the first time we are visiting the ABC islands so we have no idea what to expect.

Any input will be highly appreciated and thank you in advance for the time and suggestions.

Best regards,
    Philip

2. tkaelin

tkaelin Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Hard to judge an island and diving on each island from a short cruise ship stop trying to squeeze in a dive. Sort of like trying to judge a golf course by playing a hole or two or a ski area based upon a couple runs. In full disclosure I am personally not a fan of cruise ships and try to avoid the crowd whenever they make port. Others here on SB will have more useful info but I suspect that you will be limited in options on both the dive op and dive options because you are visiting by cruise ship.

3. Ontwreckdiver

Ontwreckdiver Solo Diver

4. flyboy08

flyboy08 ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

Do a search....your answers are in each of their respective forums...

5. Scuba2007

Scuba2007 Garibaldi

OK THanks

6. Altamira

Altamira Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    GC. Lobster Pot Dive Center. A great dive op, a short walk north of the cruise terminal, co-located with two other excellent dive ops, so you have flexibility in getting your dives in on your port stop. Contact Mike Painting, Lobster Pot Dive Center.

Bonaire. I have used Dive Friends Bonaire for boat and shore dives. They are excellent, and have a dive op just outside and to the right of the cruise terminal.

Curacao. Oceans Encounters for boat and shore diving, and The Dive Bus for shore diving. Both are excellent.

In the four ports you will visit, the ship's dive ops are also very good, so don't be afraid to use any of them. How long your port stay will be is a good guide to decide whether to use the ship's dive op or an outside vendor. GC is a tender port, so if your port time is short, the ship's op may be a good option, depending on whether or not you can get some priority disembarkation.

7. Janie88

Janie88 Angel Fish

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    My husband and I were on a cruise this past December, with stops in Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao.

Aruba -opted not to dive.
    Bonaire - dove with ship excursion. It turned out to be with Buddy's Dive resort. Boat was packed. I was initially very unhappy about it, but I will say that they were very organized and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I am also spoiled that my husband and I tend to book and dive with ops that have maximum of 8-10 divers on a boat, or on a live aboard where it doesn't matter.
    Curacao - Booked private with Scubacao - highly recommend them! They were much cheaper than ship's excursion and we ended up with a private guided shore dive. 'Very nice.

ErikNYC likes this.