artsy-fartsy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heheh... "Using" a tripod underwater... for timed shots... (not a location.. .yet?)

You mentioned using a tripod Above Water (aw) and I have tried using a small tripod Under Water with mixed results, so I was just joking around that you might try a tripod UW... LOL.. probably have better result than I...

Haven't tried this yet, but next try will be using the Timer as when I push the shutter button normally, it moves the camera (UW that is..) the photos gets the jitters

anyway, great shots... fun to mess around with the "Extras" eh???
;-))

I have to remind myself not to post when I am falling asleep....What I wanted to say is "Where can I get one!?!?!?!?!" lol

I also use the timer and when I remember to take it with I use the remote. End of the jitters....and messing around it the most fun :wink:

Arruugh??? (Tim, the toolman 'HuH?)
Remote works underwater?? heheh...

I just got one of those plastic backpacking tripods, tie strapped a 1lb shot weight to it and shot..

A little cumbersome, using for natural light shots, but using the small PT015 housing w/5050

Didn't really notice much difference (a little sharper) compared to a regular shot, but that's due to the trying to push the trigger... holding soft sand etc.. just haven't taken the time to see how the timer works with the housing... next dive.. LOL...

I figure, put on Auto, set manual speed at different speeds and let the camera do the light adjustmenst... until I can get some routine down...

anyway, just one more thing to frustrate the whole UW process..

fpoole:
Arruugh??? (Tim, the toolman 'HuH?)
Remote works underwater??
I should also not post too early in the morning....umm Remote only for surface photography of course :wink:

fpoole:
Heheh... pretty slick...
Next, Tripod underwater???

Ok... this really isn't relevant...but, it's what happens if you take a tripod on a whitewater raft. It was a bogen tripod...needless to say, the river was a little too powerful for the tripod... It became a duo-pod.

http://howardandmichelle.com/royalgorge6-05.wmv
(the movie is 4 mb's)

BTW... the second person pulled back into the raft was steering the boat

fpoole:
You mentioned using a tripod Above Water (aw) and I have tried using a small tripod Under Water with mixed results, so I was just joking around that you might try a tripod UW... LOL.. probably have better result than I...

Definately use the timed shutter thingy, I've gotten some decent results from using it inside caverns with low light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom