artsy-fartsy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa

Neither here nor there
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Here a couple of processed images

This is a photo of the Turtle Statue that can be found in front of the Sheraton Waikiki

StatueArt_HM103.jpg

Wakiki by night:

P1010776.jpg

The turtle one looks like it has 3D layers or something. Both are pretty cool. What did you do to them to get them to look that way?

First one takes a little getting used to but the more I look at it the more I like it. The second one is so peaceful...very cool.

Now....tell us how ya did it! :D

Glad you like 'em :D

When I get home I'll post the originals and check the software to see which filters I used :wink: Getting older sucks!!

Heyya... looking good.. the turtles are kewl...
For me It's always fun to take my "Baaaaad Photos" and get something good out of them... for me anyway..

Not saying the photos are bad... very nice indeed, but adding the fun stuff gets some really wild photos... really like the turtle one...

Kewl Leesa...

Thanks fpoole :D I love to play with the rejects and get something out of them...when I post the originals you will see that these were really not so hot...Can't wait for my work weekend to be over :wink:

Artsy yes..fartsy no! Ain't Photoshop a wonderful thing? you can take something your not so happy with and make it into a real eye pleaser!

Thanks Sharky :D....forgot all about posting the originals, now I have to wait until it's monday again...sorry

OK, finally, here are the 2 originals.
I took the first picture at night, using my tripod, with a shutter speed of 1.6 seconds, F/2 and Iso 64

First I erased the people walking by, then I made a B&W out of it. Playing with contrast and brightness to make Diamond Head appear.
Next I applied the glowing edges filter, varying the settings till I liked it.
Finally I use the paintbrush to go back in and color the picture (it was too late in the evening for the moon to be that low, so I used the burn tool to burn it out :wink: )

Second Picture:

I used the Artistic>cutout filter for the effect. Also varying the settings until I got the effect I liked. I went on to play with the Heu and Saturation levels and also got the blue edition of the picture.

Keep playing, you never know what might come out of it :wink:

Back
Top Bottom