Article: Women's BCs - Four models designed for the female form

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's good to hear! I just ordered one...should arrive tomorrow and I can't wait to get it in the water.

I think the point is the whole premises that a female needs a female BCD is flawed. SGR seems to need a BP/W painted pink to even be considered. Oh and for a manufacturer to provide one. Hence why you see nothing but stroke gear on their `expert` site.

My daughter (12 years old and under 5' 00") and I 5'5" are both currently diving Aqualung Zumas. We wanted something for her that fit perfectly as she only weighs 83 pounds and dives with an 80. We went to a large diving store and tried on every BC in the store to find her BC. After watching her use it for a season, I was jealous. She never had to re situate her gear underwater. No effort getting in or out of the BC. No problem with rigging her hoses and other gear. When the opportunity came up to replace my BC- I knew what I wanted and bought it!! Love it. I wish I had had this set up for the last 20 years. It's like diving in a second skin. No bunching, cinch straps fit perfectly, even weight proportions. Great Design!!!!!!

I think the point is the whole premises that a female needs a female BCD is flawed. SGR seems to need a BP/W painted pink to even be considered. Oh and for a manufacturer to provide one. Hence why you see nothing but stroke gear on their `expert` site.

I hate pink and I have no idea why manufacturers insist that women need pink.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom