Article: Gas analysis - Keeping yourself safe while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am probably wrong, but I think the 29 CFR entry that you are posting applies to commercial diving, not the recreational dive world.

if you receive any renumeration for the air then OSHA regulations apply

I can understand both the pros and cons of Florida HB4037, but I find it really interesting that some of the LDS owners who are spouting "its life support equipment" to the students may be telling his elected officials that air testing is an unneeded burden.

If you really want to cause a stir post that shops should keep testing their gas, post results online and install CO monitors...not only do shops not care but many of your fellow divers believe these steps are unimportant.

If you really want to cause a stir post that shops should keep testing their gas, post results online and install CO monitors...not only do shops not care but many of your fellow divers believe these steps are unimportant.

If society desires a more fair and effective regulation, the testing period would be based on hours of compressor operation rather than the position of the moon.

I get my fills from a buddy who runs a Commercial outfit. Not that I don't want to support my LDS but I've have too many issues over the years with fills. My Buddy relies on his air for his crew and operations. Even if he didn't have to have it tested - he still would. Of course I throw in some cash to help maintain his Equipment, probably spend more than would at a LDS in the long run but at least I know what I'm getting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom