Article: Diving in Cozumel with Dive Paradise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I am a little bit confused about the articles here on ScubaBoard too. I am curious, Muggsy, how did your trip report become an article, rather than just a post in the forums, as with most other trip reports? Did you submit it, or was it solicited? If solicited, by whom? I note from your profile that you work for ScubaBoard, and I also note that Dive Paradise is an advertiser and host to the ScubaBoard Invasion. It would not be unreasonable to speculate that this article was comissioned by Dive Paradise, or offered as part of a package of benefits that comes from advertising on Scubaboard.

I hope Pete makes a fortune exploiting the popularity of ScubaBoard. As a frequent content contributor and occasional cash contributor, I would encourage him to make potential conflicts between the editorial content and the commercial effort as transparent as possible. One of the major assets here is the bond of trust between the site's users and owner.

We've been to Coz several times (6? 7?) in the past five years and a quick trip we took through a dive shop this past July was our first time to Dive with Dive Paradise. I've got to say that we will dive with them again. The boat was comfortable, the dive guides were attentive and friendly yet left us alone to dive our own profile (but took great care of a couple of newbies on the boat).

Just got back from Cozumel. We stayed at the ScubaClub Cozumel and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's the second time we've been there, and it's a first-rate operation. Terrific divemasters, nice boats, and the hotel staff is very friendly. We had the good fortune to dive with a marine biologist from Tel Aviv University who was studying corals and sponges in the Caribbean; what a great education it was! We're in New Orleans, so it's very easy for us to get there; a quick flight to Houston, and then less than a 2-hour flight to Cozumel. Highly recommend ScubaClub; you won't be disappointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom