Article: Dive Rite's NEW Nomad LTZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Rite

Contributor
Reaction score
Dive Rite introduces the latest member of the Nomad family of sidemount rigs, the Nomad LTZ. The Nomad LTZ is a light weight, sidemount specific BC that employs the Nomad features that divers have come to love such as our rugged SuperFabric® material and Dive Rite's exclusive Ring Bungees.

With 35 lbs (15.8 kg) of lift and a low profile design, the Nomad LTZ performs in all levels of sidemount diving. With additional lift typically needed toward the lower back when sidemounting, the combination of shape and contour of the bladder create this lift achieving the optimum trim.

The LTZ routes all relief valves on the inside of the rig, along with the inflator routing from the inside bottom, creating a completely clean back shell. There is one relief valve placed at the top of the rig with pull cord routing over the left shoulder, making dumping air in a vertical position no problem.

The LTZ is our most rugged sidemount system yet. Not only does it have SuperFabric® on the back of the BC, but it also has SuperFabric® shoulder sleeves to protect the shoulder webbing from abrasion. To top all this off it uses a heavier duty material on for the inner bladder. The Nomad LTZ is covered by Dive Rite's worry-free lifetime warranty making it your only choice for a sidemount BC system.

The Nomad LTZ is shipping now. Find out more information by visiting your favorite Dive Rite dealer or visiting SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Nomad LTZ.

Attachments

• NomadLTZ_1 copy.jpg
    NomadLTZ_1 copy.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 180
  • NomadLTZ_2 copy.jpg
    NomadLTZ_2 copy.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 209
  • NomadLTZ_3 copy.jpg
    NomadLTZ_3 copy.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 167
What are the differences between this bcd and the extreme? Or is this replacing the extreme.

Is there any plans on offering a bcd with loop bungees rather than the ring bungees?

the rings can act as loop bungees, that's why they have the double piece of bungee on there, it's mentioned in the videos demonstrating the bungee systems.

Have you actually tried it? I haven't, I didn't think it would actually work. As it wasn't long enough.

they're long enough. Worst case you can just take the bungee off, and they just use hog rings with some heat shrink on there so you can adjust it that way, but they are plenty long and actually hold the valves up higher than Edd's loops because the bungee starts 2 inches farther back

Have you tried it?

with my regular nomad yes. bad picture of it, but you can see the ring there. That is on Edd's "kit" but all I got from him was the strap with the grommets already in it. Works fine as a loop bungee. I run normal stage rigging and still clip into the ring for carrying on land, but don't use the chokers. Once in the water and after I descend is when I flip the bungee over the valve and good to go

WP_20140912_003.jpg

So you are using the ring bungee with the old school loop kit? When ever you get a chance if you can take a better pic of your setup I would appreciate it.

yeah no worries, just look at the old school kit and add a SS 2" O-ring between the quick link and the bungee, you can do it one of two ways, first is the way DR rigs it with the bungee loop back into itself, other way is to just run it through once like it comes from Edd's. I prefer the second way actually, but the way DR rigs it works just fine, you tend to lengthen one side so they aren't quite even, and the short side takes a lot of the weight and the longer side wraps around the valve. That reason is why I chose to unloop the bungee, and with the standard rigging from Dive Rite, you can either zip tie the bungee back together, or they use Hog Rings which are cheap, same thing upholsterers use to put fabric on couches.

I dove this at Peacock with twin LP85s and it was great. The bungees are adjustable with the loops sewn into the back. I used the widest ones and absolutely no pinch. Very easy to clip in and out of and everything was easy to reach in the water. I can't wait to try it with AL80s here in Key Largo.

There are no compromises with this unit. It was made ONLY for sidemounting. You won't find contingencies for back mounting at all, which I really, really like. Very smooth, incredibly tough and easy to find what you're looking for. I've found my go-to set up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom