Aries ION Hose Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CWSWine

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I own an Aries ION Regulator and would like to switch out the swivel hose for a Milfex hose but it seems that I will need some sort of fitting between the second stage and the hose. Is there a fitting that will work or IÃÎ I just out luck?

Thanks...
Dennis

Problem solved - Sold it and purchase Zeagle reg along with Zeagle computer. Won't buy Aries again. Even tried email and phone calls to tech support - Nothing.

I own an Aries ION Regulator and would like to switch out the swivel hose for a Milfex hose but it seems that I will need some sort of fitting between the second stage and the hose. Is there a fitting that will work or IÃÎ I just out luck?

Thanks...
Dennis

Did you send Aeris the Milfex hose did you call Milfex to see if they have an adaptor fitting for it. You are using a third party equipment you should be calling them about alteration. Quite wine about them you wanted to change their design it’s not for aeris to do a custom design for you.

Did you send Aeris the Milfex hose did you call Milfex to see if they have an adaptor fitting for it. You are using a third party equipment you should be calling them about alteration. Quite wine about them you wanted to change their design it’s not for aeris to do a custom design for you.

Yep - I wanted a custom designed just for me – I want to replace the hose with longer one. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Wine huh! Three of us want to take a cavern coarse and after calling the instructor we discovered they were equipment requirements for the coarse that we didn’t meet. We had to purchase an additional light, reel with 250-foot minimum or line and a 7-foot hose and 22-inch hose. So I ordered a Manta reel, Dorsey backup light and 7 foot and 22 inch Myflex hoses. Paid my deposit on the coarse and hotel reservations. All is well till the hose would not fit and needed an adapter to fit, post here and email with no response so gave Aries a call. Come to find out there was no adapter that would allow the replacement of the swivel in the Ion regulator and also there was no long hose that I could purchase that would fit the Ion regulator just one size hose. The rep said that the Ion regulator was designed for rec diving not technical diving and he recommend I purchase another 2nd stage to replace the Ion which really is a downgrading since the Ion was the top of the line. I missed the coarse and now I will be taking in Dec. but I was lucky enough to find a replacement diver so I didn’t lose my deposits. I’m also a proud owner of Zeagle Flathead 6 and 7 both with long hoses and no longer own Aries reg nor will I ever own another.

Granted it would introduce an extra failure point but a extension of the low pressure 2nd stage hose could be as simple as hose to go between the original swivel hose and the first stage. giving you the length you need.

Why does XS scuba not have a adapter for the Ion regulator and why would you buy a regulator with a swivel to replace it with a non swivel hose.

Most technical divers have a set of tech gear and a set of recreational gear.

And remember you were happy with the regulator before you wanted to become a cave diver there was a lack of foresight on your part not the Ion. The Ion was designed for the swivel hose not the milfex hose. Xs Scuba should have the adapter for you not aeris.

Also why did you cave class change their equipment setup to work with you gear? And yes I now it safety in a overhead environment it a rhetorical question.

Back
Top Bottom