Aries 2 dive comp.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
ok I hadnt dove in a while so before i dove I checked my gear everything was working fine. as soon as i got to the wreck i checked my d.c. just to make sure it was functioning properly.and it wasnt. which is why I try to always take my back up on every trip. anyway when I got home mike told me to clean the connectors and see what happens. i did and now all it does is count down from ten then flashes an "AL T " message. anyone have any idea whats wrong with it? and is it fixible or only replacible?

I have the Aries 2 computer but have never received that message. My comuter did malfunction a couple of years ago and my dive shop sent it to Aries and they did repair the computer and it has worked fine ever since. As I recall, the cost to repair it was far less than it would have cost to replace it. I would suggest sending it to Aries.

Regards,

Bill

ok thanks. im going to try the battery kit which comes with a new back which is part of the connection. if that dont work then i will send it in.

Call the tech. support number (800) 647-0605. They might be able to give you a few things to try prior to sending it in. See how much they want to fix it. It could be cheaper to purchase new!

I have an Aeris XR2 that crapped out. The tech line was very helpful, but my DC was beyond resurrection. I sent them the DC and they replaced it with a refurbished one (it looks and works like brand new) which came with a 1 yr. warranty. Price wasn't too bad, alot cheaper than a new one. :wink:

well this kind of sucks the aries is barely a year old. not even 300 dives on it yet. where as my misquito (spell check?) has over 600 dives and it still works fine. well as fine in the sense that it works not a good dc for professional use. but still.

well this kind of sucks the aries is barely a year old. not even 300 dives on it yet. where as my misquito (spell check?) has over 600 dives and it still works fine. well as fine in the sense that it works not a good dc for professional use. but still.

I'm thinking Aeris computers come with a 2 yr. warranty. You may want to check into that. Mine did, but as with my usual luck; it died at after 2 yrs. and 5 mths. They actually told me on the phone they could work with me on the actual time until I realized it was 5 months and not weeks or a month. Still, they did give me alot of help and a viable option.
Oh, by the way... it's mosquito. I think!

I used Oceanic Veos (Oceanic/Aeris essentially the same) on my charters, went through about 15 of 'em, never got 300 dives, often didn't get a hundred of of them. My Suuntos I've owned have lasted for ages. My first one (Vyper) fell off the top of my car at 40 MPH about 3 days after I bought it... not used to a wrist computer yet, forgot to stow it... that one lasted probably 1500 dives. My next one is still going strong, but probably only 300/400 dives on it. The shop I worked for used their Geckos on their rental gear every day, sold 'em as used every year or two, I'm not aware of any problems with any of them.

Oceanic/Aeris is very good at dealing with problems, it's dealing with the problems frequently that makes me a little leery of using them in the future. I'm currently using the Suuntos and some cheap H2Oddesseys (Cochran) on charters and they've held up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom