Argon tank mounting

What method of argon tank mounting do you use?

• webbing loop and shock cord attached to BP

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • cam straps attached to back gas tank

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • like canister light but in left hand side of waist belt

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • other

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doc Intrepid:
Monk,

Where the hell have you been? I haven't seen anything from you in a long, long time.

How you doin', anyway?

BTW, like boomx5 I also mount the 6 cu ft bottles on the bp w/Halcyon straps.
I'm OK, here in Europe we have long vacations (4-5 weeks) and I was (of course) diving, so no much posting. I visited some realy interesting wrecks near island of Vis in Adriatic Sea:
- B-17G, 72m
- Brioni - 62 m
- Vassiolios - 55 m

Halcyon BP straps for 6cf, tank straps for 14cf

I was only stating that I use this setup, but use one less strap. The reason I use one strap is that I mount the tank low so the valve is approximately at the same level as the bottom of my doubles. This permits me to sit down with no problems. My comment was really to state that one strap is sufficient. It does not flop around. With my tanks set up nearly vertical to get in the gear, the bottle hangs straight down.

CALI68:
Great but that's not what I meant. :)

What I meant was it's not mounted so HIGH that I can't reach the rear dump. If you use the two straps and mount it too high then the valve/reg becomes a major factor in reaching the rear dump. If it mounted low (one strap) then the valve is way out of the way which is cool but I just hate the way it flops around with that low mounting.

-Chris

I was looking over some pictures my friend took of me yesterday and I came across the one in the link below. It reminded me of this thread. It's a really good shot that shows my Argon rig mounted with two straps. The valve is right at the bottom of the tanks, it doesn't interfere with the rear dump and it stays firmly in place.

...course 2 straps = twice as much cash.

http://mike.jimenez.ph/Galleries/2005_09_08_Carmel/pages/IMG_8455.html

Soggy:
Yeah, and you can make them yourself for like $1.50 of webbing :)

Beautiful pics, though. I really need to get out to Cali and dive there sometime.

Sure but it wont have the velcro cinch straps, The SS grommets, over sized bolt kit and of course the logo. You gotta have the logo. :)

...I'm kidding of course. :)

-Chris

Soggy:
Beautiful pics, though. I really need to get out to Cali and dive there sometime.

Yea those were taken at Point Lobos just South of Monterey/Carmel. It's amazing out there. You could spend a year just diving at Lobos and never see the whole park or ever get sick of it for that matter. In fact I know many people who do just that.

Give me a shout when you're ready. I'm always up for a dive.

-Chris

CALI68:
I was looking over some pictures my friend took of me yesterday and I came across the one in the link below. It reminded me of this thread. It's a really good shot that shows my Argon rig mounted with two straps. The valve is right at the bottom of the tanks, it doesn't interfere with the rear dump and it stays firmly in place.

...course 2 straps = twice as much cash.

http://mike.jimenez.ph/Galleries/2005_09_08_Carmel/pages/IMG_8455.html

I will give you a ring when my suit gets back from Superior.

Brian Gilpin:
I will give you a ring when my suit gets back from Superior.

Thanks! Michael ("chilipino" on Scubaboard) is an amazing photographer. Total skill.

-Chris

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom