Argon system

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

davetowz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
DSCN1200.jpgDSCN1201.jpgDSCN1202.jpg
New Dive Rite Argon reg with OPV, inflator hose and fresh hydro 6cf tank. No mount system included $150.00 shipped US only.

Has anyone dealt with davetowz? I paid for this argon system on June 7th (3 weeks ago) and have received nothing. I've sent this person numerous messages without reply and am now fearing the worst. We came to an agreement of $140 shipped, I waited patiently for the package...and got nothing. Zippo. I have to believe I got screwed over. I paypal'd him the payment as a 'gift' in hopes he didn't get charged a fee and perhaps that was a mistake. Anyone have any ideas about this davetowz or have a similar experience? Yeah, I'm pretty upset.

You should have known better than to send a "gift"...! I know you know!!!

Sorry but I don't know him but I hope for a fair and valid reason as to why this is taking so long... I would be at my wits end as well...! Anyway, here is a bump as well...

Let us know how it turns out... lee

PS s/he was last on line June 28th, 2012 03:38 PM

when I asked about this argon setup, he told me it had been sold. So I guess if he want to scam people, he could have take my money too. Just don't want to you to jump to conclusion. best luck to you getting this resolved

Before I forget, and to be fair, I thought I'd post a final note. I finally did receive the argon system I paid for. For some reason, the seller decided to send the package many long weeks after I submitted payment. But I did get it. This experience does make me hesitant to conduct future purchases on this board but I am happy that the final outcome was positive. Thank you.

Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that doing business with Dave is not a wise move. I considered him a good friend. I travelled to Ohio and dove with him, I have sought his advice as he is a very knowledgable person regarding scuba gear. I have done many deals and I have had to deal with him saying he sent something and it was not sent, it arrived late eventually. I have reached a point where I will not deal with him NOR call him a friend. I posted of the need for a part for an older reg (I bought from him) he contacted me with a picture of said part. I asked how much, he didn't seem to care about the plastic part so I offered him and sent enough for priority shipping. I NEED this part so my wife will have a functional regulator for her OW. After almost three weeks still nothing. He will not respond to my texts, and I'm finished with him. I've unfriended him on FB, and removed him from my contacts list.

Dave I don't have any vendetta on you, but I will do my level best to ensure others know of your business practices. I would suggest you have Dave Tonneman send the product before you pay for it.

Now I'm going to have to spend the $ for a new regulator because I can't source the part for the broken one. Thanks bro!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom