Argon scuba tank label

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndyScott

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
According to DOT Argon needs to be labeled. I have never seen a scuba Argon bottle with the green sticker on it. Has everybody overlooked this? Any thoughts?

Scott :confused:

SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS*
SPECIAL LABELING INFORMATION
Argon shipment must be in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations using the DOT "NONFLAMMABLE GAS" label. Consult DOT regulations for details on the shipping of hazardous materials

the large argon cylinders have it . but an end user who repackages it is not required to relabel it .
joens

I have several Argon tanks for filling the smaller suit bottles... two Steel 72s and a HP80 and they have orange argon labels on them. Our small 6cf suit bottles have black letters on them... Shane's says ARGON and mine says RGON.

Is it not the law-If you transport it on public roads you have to have the green haz sticker on it?

Scott

You do if the total weight of the container and the contents exceed 50 pounds. By law..... Div 2.2 non-flammable placards should be used if the gross weight (Gross mass) ie..total weight of container and contents is above 50lbs. It kind of sounds obserd but you are in violation if you toss (Lay down gently) two AL80 tanks in the bed of your pickup and don't display placards.
The only exemption scuba tanks really get is that it Each tank does not have to be marked because 2.2 non-poisonous gases are exempt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom