Are you a Dive Hypocrite?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And someone to go through it with you.
Most problems are easier to cope with when you have a freind/partner to share the experience with. Probably one of the harder aspects is social isolation and thinking you are the only one having the sort of troubles you have.
Many of us (particularily the older guys) have a lot of trouble keeping the weight down once the metabolism switches to geezer mode (and in my case the appetite remains stuck in athlete mode). I find it hard to take ballerina portions seriously.

Yep, I just switched over about 6 months ago. Went from "can't gain weight if I try" to "where the crap did this extra 10 pounds come from?"

Now my eating habits are drastically different from what they were a year ago. I don't like it one bit, but I like it a whole lot more than looking at ol' tubby in the mirror.

Reading this thread is making me seriously schizophrenic! Deep air, you're fat, deep air, you're fat... LOL

n1133430784_l.jpg

Reading this thread is making me seriously schizophrenic! Deep air, you're fat, deep air, you're fat... LOL

(let's go for the trifecta)

Schizophrenic people just shouldn't dive ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

(let's go for the trifecta)

Schizophrenic people just shouldn't dive ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

au contraire (That's French). The Schizophrenic are never solo and therefore don't require Spare Air or... wait for it... split fins! LOLOLOLOL

braveheart-4.jpg

Ah... so appropriate for a thread discussing hypocritical actions. Nine provinces forced into bilingualism to foster confederation while the one french province bans the public use of english (one of two official languages). Nice...
I think both languages had a rightful place in Canada and english speakers don't deserve to be handicapped by restrictive provincial language laws. But that's just me.

I am sorry that you have this opinion of the situation in Quebec. You are obviously receiving second hand information. Do you really believe that nine provinces were "forced" into bilingualism. Can you see any forced use of the French language in your daily life that causes you grief? English speakers are much less handicapped in Quebec than French speakers in British-Columbia. The English speaking Quebeckers have schools, colleges and three English universities here. The complaints are not coming from people who live here but from misinformed outsiders that keep repeating old fables from forty years ago.

The complaints are not coming from people who live here but from misinformed outsiders that keep repeating old fables from forty years ago.

Actually my comments came from spending time in Quebec ... but the last time was 18 years ago.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ah ... yanno what you call someone who only ever learns one language?

American ... :wink:

FWIW - I love Montreal ... it's one of the world's truly beautiful cities.

Outside of Montreal, I don't understand Quebec folks ... they act offended if you don't speak their language, and sneer at you if you try to.

Mostly, I've just learned to avoid that part of the continent ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, I give you more credit than that. You generalize on a whole population with the experiences you had with a few jerks.:shakehead:

Next time you are in Montreal, drop me a line, I'll take you out for a dive and you will have a chance to meet open minded people

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom