Are those original Apeks parts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brtlmj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I found those in my TX100s. Are those original Apeks diaphragms and if so, is this how they should look like? Note how the center discs are curled.

Thanks!
Bart
map20170529_203455.jpg
map20170529_203518.jpg

Original should be Apeks part: AP2023
And they should be flat.

It looks like they might have gotten warped from excessive heat.
I would replace those.

probably stock, I have seen them bend like that before. Some mfg's use a metal disk instead of plastic for that reason, but it's usually a non-issue

Hot water helped. Still, I'll replace them when I have a chance. The interesting part is that, according to Google Images, Apeks AP2023 looks different - the top should be hexagonal.

Thanks everyone!
B.

Hot water helped. Still, I'll replace them when I have a chance. The interesting part is that, according to Google Images, Apeks AP2023 looks different - the top should be hexagonal.

Thanks everyone!
B.

could have been an internal revision without changing the part number. I've seen NOS apeks diaphragms that look just like that, as are the ones that came stock on the TX40's at school

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom