Are there any more luxurious resorts...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

like noted, the beds are rock hard, just get a foam pad from the maid. We're trying a new venue this year and we'll let you know how they are. Our operator picks us up on the door step and we go to the marina by taxi.....lots faster to the sites south. Actually, we'll be there tomorrow night....:wink:
....for 8 days....
http://casamexicanacozumel.com/index2.htm

tony

<edit>
Re: PGL,
How long ago were you there?
Last yr, and yeah actually had hot water in the shower/tub and no mater where you stay in the TROPICS, the room will be damp, A/C helps some but watch thos slick ass floors! :wink:

I was at PLG last year. We were looking at the room while the maid cleaned it between uses. I never actually went into the room, we were asking the Maid about it, at the doorway and when I inquired if there was a restroom in the room, she smiled and pointed across the hall to the public restrooms. We took this to mean that was the one we would use if we rented the room, maybe we had a communication problem now that I think about it. She did not speak that much English, nor I Spanish. We looked at the room right next to the dive shop on the north end of the hallway. It was only one room, maybe others were nicer, in another part of the facility. I now like to stay at the Flamingo Hotel. not very fancy, in a five star way, but clean, A/C and REAL beds.
Rick

diverrick once bubbled...
I was at PLG last year. We were looking at the room while the maid cleaned it between uses. I never actually went into the room, we were asking the Maid about it, at the doorway and when I inquired if there was a restroom in the room, she smiled and pointed across the hall to the public restrooms...
Rick

Ah. Now it makes sense. What she heard was "where's the bathroom?"; she thought you wanted to use one and pointed it out. Cue Led Zepplin's "Communication Breakdown"... ;^)

YES that definitely makes more sense now. I couldn't believe they didn't have bathrooms in the rooms.

Mexican bathrooms/ plumbing = bad
Sharing Mexican bathroom for 1 week = worse

Cheers!

Titletowndiver once bubbled...
YES that definitely makes more sense now. I couldn't believe they didn't have bathrooms in the rooms.

Mexican bathrooms/ plumbing = bad
Sharing Mexican bathroom for 1 week = worse

Cheers!

Actually, the bathrooms I have frequented in the bars, restaurants, and beach clubs on Cozumel have been generally cleaner and better tended, on the average, than those I have had the occasion or neccessity to visit in similar establishments here in the US.

My objections to sharing a bathroom in PLG would have had nothing whatsoever to it being Mexican; I really want to be able to stumble from bed into el baño in the middle of the night without having to dress or having to stand in line. I also tend to hang up for drying a lot of clothing that I would not want to get mixed up with similar articles belonging to someone with whom I was not used to mixing laundry. Those concerns go double (at the very least) for my wife.

Actually, the bathrooms I have frequented in the bars, restaurants, and beach clubs on Cozumel have been generally cleaner and better tended, on the average, than those I have had the occasion or neccessity to visit in similar establishments here in the US.

My objections to sharing a bathroom in PLG would have had nothing whatsoever to it being Mexican; I really want to be able to stumble from bed into el baño in the middle of the night without having to dress or having to stand in line. I also tend to hang up for drying a lot of clothing that I would not want to get mixed up with similar articles belonging to someone with whom I was not used to mixing laundry. Those concerns go double (at the very least) for my wife.

My apologies for the double posting. The first time I tried, I got that "there seems to be a problem with the database" that I was getting all day Thursday, and it didn't show up on the title page for the "Mexico" group of threads. It still doesn't appear there, so I suspect that there is still something amiss. We'll see if this one makes it.

My apologies for the double posting. The first time I tried, I got that "There seems to have been a slight problem with the Scuba Board database" message that I was getting all day Thursday, and it didn't show up on the title page for the "Mexico" group of threads. It still doesn't appear there, so I suspect that there is still something amiss. We'll see if this one makes it.

It didn't make it the first time; here I go again...

Back
Top Bottom