Are the forums acting up for any of you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Posting a thread may take a few seconds as an insert is a pretty intensive problem and one we are working on. Viewing, searching and similar activities should be very fast.

I can add my recent experiences...

Posting to a thread and replying to PMs is taking long... sometimes so long that it times out. I have had a few messages saying the server is not responding, this has caused almost duplicate posts because I have to refresh, and send again, only to find out it did actually post (but I never got the message).

And today pages are loading slowly too, but I am on dial-up.

Usually I am on wireless DSL using IE or AOL (and get the same results on either) as a browser.

Sorry I am sure that does not help to clarify for you, TA...

jennifer

Posting and pms mkes sense... our new server wasn't meant to resolve that issue, just to speed up the general pages. Of course for people on dialup things will remain slow. A page with 10 posts, 10 avatars, a complete layout and images is simply too big to load quickly on dialup. As for the posting issues, I will see what we can do to speed those up in the short term but the main speed for that will come over the long term.

detroit diver:
Okay, while I was posting the above, it happened again! I was editing the post and the save took a very long time-15 seconds or so.
I had the exact same problem two or three times this afternoon. Much longer than normal, to the point that I thought about refreshing and starting over. Using IE6 and XP if that matters. And on dialup it's more like 30-40 seconds.

Not that I'm complaining, this is still the fastest board I post to.

Edit: Just timed this post, 46 seconds at 46.6K dialup til I saw the posted message in my status bar and the page refreshed.

2nd Edit: After posting the first edit, the refresh was within 3 seconds of hitting the Save Changes button.

TA, have been doing some experimenting and this is what I found out:

1. If I am not logged in, I can see the famous 'divers who date' thread
2. the threads seem to load 10 to 15 sec faster than when I am loggd in
3. at about 15:30 Cetral, the board was so slow it timed out three times when trying to open.

hope that helps...
cheers
maria

I had something similar happen last nite. I had access to the instructor forum. I think I was logged in. Just an FYI.

edit: never mind. I never knew you could look at that forum as a non-instructor. I did not try to post to it.

sharkdiver00:
TA, have been doing some experimenting and this is what I found out:

1. If I am not logged in, I can see the famous 'divers who date' thread
2. the threads seem to load 10 to 15 sec faster than when I am loggd in
3. at about 15:30 Cetral, the board was so slow it timed out three times when trying to open.

hope that helps...
cheers
maria

I haven't had any problems to mention today, except for
the fairly long time it takes to submit a post, but I think
you mentioned that was a time consuming feature.
Apparently you fixed it (for the time-being, we're
talking computers here) or it just went away.Thanks

Tom

Nomaster:
I haven't had any problems to mention today, except for
the fairly long time it takes to submit a post, but I think
you mentioned that was a time consuming feature.
Apparently you fixed it (for the time-being, we're
talking computers here) or it just went away.Thanks

Tom

Posting has worked much better for me today. I don't know if you did anything or not, just thought I'd let you know.

Back
Top Bottom