Are Oxycheq wings DIR "approved"?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dunno... it appears more like an enchilada or maybe a Gordita, not the soft one though, the crunchy one, although in the comparo pic they both resemble quesadilas...

Ben... off to Taco Bell :25:

Dan Gibson:
I don't quite get this statement. Double tank and single tank wings that are not restricted wrap around the tank(s) a little. If they didn't, then the lift would be below the cg of the tank(s) and make it unstable. Now if you are referring to an oversized wing completely wrapping around a single tank, I can understand the problem that causes. However, I would not call that tacoing. It would be more like a burrito that someone forgot to finish wrapping.

LOL!!!!

Ok, think of this: OMS 100# BC with a single PST E7-120. Now, go dive. Then, take a pic.

Maybe its not a taco, maybe its a burrito. Or an enchilada, or maybe its a hot dog in a bun. I dont know...

Generally, its called the taco effect...

ITs a problem...

Stop the tacos...

LUBOLD8431:
OMS 100# BC with a single PST E7-120..

what would you call it with a HP80? how about a pea pod??? :34:

Glad to see the 90 minutes I spent last night pulling gear out of storage, taking photos, downloading images to the PC, fiddling with formats, and uploading to ScubaBoard has generated such insightful discussion.

Scubaroo:
Glad to see the 90 minutes I spent last night pulling gear out of storage, taking photos, downloading images to the PC, fiddling with formats, and uploading to ScubaBoard has generated such insightful discussion.

Actually, what I'm now trying to figure out is how much the cross-sectional area of the 45 differs from the 30 when inflated. That would have an effect upon the drag of each unit.

However, the placement of the bellows would seem to minimize this issue.

I don't want to be a pain, so please don't take pictures.

Regardless, its a nice looking wing. I'd certainly look at one if I didn't already own what I need.

And back to the original point, I can't see any problems with using one for DIR-F, except to the extent that the larger bladder creates more drag and the inevitable question regarding why a diver would need 45 lbs of lift on a singles rig. The 30, OTOH, looks great.

Northeastwrecks:
Actually, what I'm now trying to figure out is how much the cross-sectional area of the 45 differs from the 30 when inflated. That would have an effect upon the drag of each unit.

I don't want to be a pain, so please don't take pictures.
Sorry, I was taking a dig at the burrito versus taco versus gordita semantics discussion :rolleyes: Guess I'm just a bit narky because there isn't a taquiera on every corner in Melbourne like San Francisco had - I'd almost kill for a decent Mission-style burrito right now!

The 30lb is similar to the 45lb shown inflated in the last image, except that there are no bellows, so the cross section looks like two "O" sections, rather than two "D" sections, if that makes sense. Just like a Pioneer 27lb.

Scubaroo:
Sorry, I was taking a dig at the burrito versus taco versus gordita semantics discussion :rolleyes: Guess I'm just a bit narky because there isn't a taquiera on every corner in Melbourne like San Francisco had - I'd almost kill for a decent Mission-style burrito right now!

Sorry about jumping into the taco-burrito routine. I actually very much appreciated the photos. The 45# Oxycheq paired with a FredT SS plate and heavy STA are #1 on my most wanted list. I found the pics very interesting.

I also understand your missing the burritos. I work on Market Street in The City and there is nothing like jumping on BART for a quick lunch trip out to the 24th street taquarias.

Thanks again for your efforts.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom