Are moderators still active on Rebreather World?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

back in the day RBW and TDS were where the activity was, that has not been the case for at least 5-6 years maybe longer. They are both still useful archives, but if you have questions about rebreathers, there is a lot more activity on this forum and the activity is from some heavy hitters in rebreather diving today. Take a lot of the archives over there with a bit of a grain of salt though as a ton of change has happened in the units themselves over the last 5 years so while it is good information it may not be the most current.

I noticed that. I did a key word search about a particular rebreather and began reading the first thread that returned in the results. Some of what I was reading didn't sound quite right and then I looked at dates. The thread was 15 years old and yet, it came up first!

It looks to me like it is gone. Tried to go on there today and no results shown. Clicking on bookmarked links just shows that I do not have permission to view. It's a shame as there were some great resources there.

The faecesbook effect. Kills off all conversation and is the world’s worst resource.

Not many forums left and without doubt ScubaBoard is by far the busiest of them. The good news is it’s dive related.

There’s CCRExplorers, but that’s down to a handful of posts a month. TheDiveForum has some activity and even some dive-related posts.

What about The Deco Stop I posted once and the butthurts banned me forever ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Not sure how this link is relevant? Denton passed away about 10-12 years ago.

Here's a couple pics of Denton (striped shirt and DWB scooter) from a trip on Ted Green's boat in Hatteras. This was June 15-18, 2005. He's in good company there - Dave Swift in two of those pics and the late Dave Dalton. The last one is prob my favorite pic of Denton. He was always a clever guy...that held true in all things diving as well as finding creative sleeping locations.

BROOKS-R1-22A.JPG

DSCN0898.JPG

BROOKS-R2-7A.JPG

BROOKS-R1-5A.JPG

For those of us who don’t know, was Denton the founder of The DecoStop?

I have no definitive information, but I recall being told many years ago that it was started by a group of divers who were unhappy with things at ScubaBoard. I remember once seeing a list of names, but I don't remember any of them.

I abandoned The Deco Stop many years ago because I did not like the nasty tone of things there. I had one moment in particular in which I, as a new tech diving student, asked a technical question about regulator design. (The technicians in the shop where I worked did not know the answer, so I decided to ask there.) One immediate response came from a very well known, highly reputed cave diver who ripped me quite harshly for asking such a stupid question. I didn't get any more responses, probably because no one else was willing to follow that response. (The responder was a college professor, and I wondered if that response characterized his teaching style.)

The best part was the articles section, which included Bill Gavin's blistering attack on George Irvine III. That was worth the price of admission.

No, but he was friends and regular dive buddies with one (me). As @boulderjohn correctly answered it was started by a group of us that all met here on SB and wanted to start something with a more technical diving focus. I don't think any/many of them are still active on SB but here's my best guess as to what everyone's SB name was: Raxafarian, Spectre, KingKongMatt, Northeastwrecks (RIP Dan), Chickdiver, Soggy, WreckWriter, MSilvia, gmbaker, bwerb and myself.

Back
Top Bottom