Are moderators still active on Rebreather World?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aaron Harmon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I signed up for an account there on the 7th and I'm still not approved. I got the confirmation email and followed the link at which point it told me that a moderator would review and approve me. I'm still waiting. Is this normal?

Aaron

They're there but are probably busy trying to keep up with all the spam posts lately.

Rebreatherworld was most recently owned by Peter Sotis. I am guessing it’s pretty well down the pisser.

My bad. Looks like they still exist, but it obviously hasn’t been moderated in a very long time.

It was pretty well moderated until the last week or so. Not much new content there.

Yes, mods do exist. But not full time.
How that site is still standing is rather amazing. Someday it (and the Deco Stop) will be lost. Only to have the archives available. Lots of good info. A lot of people are still there, if a question gets posted. But nearly nothing new ever gets added anymore.

My account was excluded.
I guess that someone used it to spam

O.K. so if RBworld is essentially dead, is scubaboard the new de facto community authority on rebreathers, or is there another forum that you would recommend? I love scubaboard, but it seams that so often people were being pointed to RBWorld when they had questions.

O.K. so if RBworld is essentially dead, is scubaboard the new de facto community authority on rebreathers, or is there another forum that you would recommend? I love scubaboard, but it seams that so often people were being pointed to RBWorld when they had questions.

back in the day RBW and TDS were where the activity was, that has not been the case for at least 5-6 years maybe longer. They are both still useful archives, but if you have questions about rebreathers, there is a lot more activity on this forum and the activity is from some heavy hitters in rebreather diving today. Take a lot of the archives over there with a bit of a grain of salt though as a ton of change has happened in the units themselves over the last 5 years so while it is good information it may not be the most current.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom