Are Gates Video housing's any good??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gqllc

Reaction score
I have a Sony PC120 BT mini DV Video corder and was wondering if anyone has any comments on Gates Housings?? Thanks Steve

I own a Gates Diego for my Sony TRV900. IMHO Gates are the best choice for a mechanical housing.

I know that you are inquiring about the gates housing, I have a friend that has the Gates and he loves it.

I went with the Light & Motion "Mako" for the Sony PC100 (Basically the Same housing for the PC120) The major difference is, Light and motion takes advantage of the Lync System so that all your controls are Electronic not Mechanical as mentioned before. The price is a little bit more as you probably already know.

They used to be made right here in Kentucky. So I have to endorse them.

A fellow diver once dropped one on my foot.

Broke my little toe. The camera itself was fine. Whether this is due to the case design or to the ablative effects of my toe is up for debate. :)

So, they definitely win in the "toe-breaking" category.

Peter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom