Are elbows on 1st stage good or bad idea?

Are Elbows & Banjos a good or bad idea?

• GOOD IDEA

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • BAD IDEA

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • NEVER THOUGHT.. ABOUT IT

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What LP hose are you running from the Right Post?
From what you say it sounds like the backup reg?

Please post what exact hose routing you are
doing.

Elbows or swivels are in general not a good idea
as they introduce more failure points. I'm not sure
what a banjo is?

Kell

on a single reg. single tank set up. On the right side of the reg there is a "R" for the primary 2nd stage where I have my 7' hose. The other is a "LP" for the Octo. The other is a "HP" port. The "LP" is closest to the back of the wing (so that it pushes 'BENDS' the hose away from it). I need a elbow to move it away from the bladder.
A banjo is a "swivel" type elbow.

if you have to you have to. Elbows are better than banjos in general as the swivel in the banjo is more prone to failure in that its a moving part.

Tom

i wouldnt say its a bad idea.

I think its just adding another possible failure point. If theres no other way to do it then your stuck having to use one.

Andy

I need it is when I'm not doing any type of Tech diving... Like w/my non-DIN Al80's. The yoke adaptor is the reason it sits so close the back of my wing. When I user steel w/DIN, it's not an issue.

Back
Top Bottom