Are Dive Rite and Thermo Modular H valves the same

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Are Dive Rite and Thermo modular H valves the same?
I know sometimes one company will sell products to another ect...

They look the same online. At least when putting them together to make the manifold they both have the double o-rings.

I need to by some H valves. Oringinally, I was planning to just go to doubles, but now I have decided that it would be better to do 20-30 dives in H-valves first before adding another levels of complexity. Buy the way if anyone has any they could part with I posted a WTB: H-valve add in the classified.

I am planning on doubling them eventually so modular valves make sence on the one hand. But on the other hand, I don't know if there is much of a market for the extra adapeter part.

What do you guys think?

I can confirm they are not made by the same company. Thermo is made by Hamai in Japan and I believe (bbut do not know for sure) that Dive Rites manifolds are made in Italy.

Lee
www.seapearls.com

OK. So they are not the same. Although they appear to be very similar (At least on the diveriteexpress.com website. Do you guys have any reccomendations one way or the other?

According to DiveRite Express, they sell Thermo valves and DiveRite valves but they look different.

Dive Rite Express is one of our dealers for Thermo valves. Mark is a good reputable dealer of ours, if he says he is selling you a Thermo valve, he is. The question was Are Dive Rite and Thermo modular H valves the same? The answer is no, they are not made by the same manufacturer. I think you're confused by the names Dive Rite Express and Dive Rite. They are two different companies.

Lee
www.seapearls.com

Thanks guys. It was just that on the pictures I saw on the website they looked similar. Yesterday I saw them at my LDS and I agree they are different.

I guess I was also confused because I thought that the double O ring design was unique to Dive Rite, but clearly it is not....

Thanks
-Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom