Are any moderators left in here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lynne, I think this is a huge point the "redundant lift crowd" dont really consider.
If they actually needed 40 or more pounds of lift to be neutral, and suddenly lost the lift of the wing --they would in all liklihood fail to even slow their descent if not ALREADY standing on the bottom. If plummeting, they would have huge task loading issues for the deployment of a lift bag, and may even experience ear clearing pain and damage , which would serve to even worsen the task loading of the deployment. And then there is the risk of the lift bag getting away from them after it becomes positive and begins heading upward---they lose the bag, if they can't hang on to it....how many have the bag clipped to them so that if they let go of it, it could not escape them?

At least with wetsuit and double 80's, you can easily swim the rig to the surface with no wing whatsoever. There can be no uncontrollable plummeting.

I dont know why some divers have such a desire to use heavy steel tanks....when the 80 al works so much better, and is so inexpensive.
In the tech2 range it quickly becomes not enough gas to do the dives without a stage bottle.

In the tech2 range it quickly becomes not enough gas to do the dives without a stage bottle.

All I am saying, is that your choice of tanks needs to be a selection that you know you can swim up to the surface easily--and we are talking ocean, not cave...this selection to be encompassing back gas and stages.
This may very well limit most divers to the 300 foot depth or less....and 25 minute bottom times or less...and I am not sure that this is a bad thing.

But with this thread beginning with the post of a guy diving in around 90 feet of water or less, it is not so problematic :)

When I see incorrect ramblings like this, it makes me miss Lamont

I do poke my head back in from time to time, and if a thread really gets out of control I usually hear about it via IM...

I don't read SB that often, though, and i've been thinking SB either needs another mod or I should resign or something. OTOH, there just really isn't that much going on here now to moderate, it mostly flies itself now, and the occasional bit of bad information seems to lead to a lot of the discussion that does occur...

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom