Archon DH26 from ebay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KevinNM

Contributor
Reaction score
So after a fundamentals class I decided I needed a canister light for practice. While I'd have loved to buy a good light I decided $1400 bucks was a bit more that I wanted to pay today, so I bought an Archon DH26 on ebay on June 30th for $168. It showed up today delivered by DHL, which was about 7 days before ebay said it might possibly arrive. :D

Archon DH26 CREE XM L U3 Canister Scuba Diving LED Hand Light Battery Charger | eBay

So far it looks pretty much as described. Not that I have huge expectations for this, but it certainly should do what I want. After I do some diving with it I might feel differently, but we'll see.

It doesn't come with a belt mount, but I think a visit to an auto parts store can fix that.

Archon lights aren't too bad for the price. This style of magnetic switch has a tendency of getting jammed after use esp on salt water. So be sure to do very thorough rinsing while moving the switch. I also use a small pipe cleaner or those small dental brushes to clean inside the drain holes at the base of the switch to clean & that seem to have fixed the jamming issue.

GL!

I've been looking at the Archon DH26 as well. Let us know how it works for you.
I have one of the small Archon backup lights with the same switch. I also noticed it was getting hard to move after a week of diving in Cozumel. I freed it up by soaking a while in fresh water, then lubricated the switch with Tri-flow. I think a high quality lube will help prevent the switch from jamming again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why you need ''canister '' and cable for two 26650 :D , even backup have stored more energy :coffee:
It's not that I need it for the batteries, it's that I need a canister light for working on using a canister light. And a "good" canister light is about 10X as much as this. So far this one has held up fine and it's decently bright, but certainly not a $1000+ light. If I ever take a course where I need a good light I'll buy one, but so far I'm not there.

How has the DH26 held up Kevin?

It still works fine. The anodizing is soft, so I have the belt loop clamps protected from rubbing on the body with chunks of old harnesses. But it seems pretty decent value for the money.

An instructor criticized the light cord as too long and I have to agree it would be better a bit shorter, but it is what it is.

The light cord is like a thin myflex hose in how it feels.

So today in a cavern course the light would start up, then shut off in a few seconds. I'll play with it a bit when I get home, but at worst I got 18 months and probably over 100 dives out of it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom