Aquaseal and pockets for drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oversea

Reaction score
Does aquaseal really glue things together solidly? I would like to add a pocket to my DUI suit but am weary as I think it will eventually fall off.

I recently used Aquaseal brand Seal Cement. After the first dive and walking around in the dry suit for a little while, the edges of the pocket started to lift slightly. I glued the entire back of the pocket so I suspect that it will not peel off any more. I'll certainly let you know if I am not correct. I asked a similar question recently, you can see the responses here...

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=103427

Hope this helps.

-Keith

dr_shappero:
I recently used Aquaseal brand Seal Cement. After the first dive and walking around in the dry suit for a little while, the edges of the pocket started to lift slightly. I glued the entire back of the pocket so I suspect that it will not peel off any more. I'll certainly let you know if I am not correct. I asked a similar question recently, you can see the responses here...

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=103427

Hope this helps.

-Keith
I've used both the Seal Cement and the E-6000 glue. The E-6000 glue is much better. But the true limiting factor is the material you are gluing to. I tried to glue pockets to a Bare Next Gen and it doesn't like to have things be glued to it.

Oh...Standard Aquaseal wont do what you want, its not strong enough.

Back
Top Bottom