Aquarium dealer in Portland Oregon using our photos without permission

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've yet to take a photo worthy if stealing. [emoji53] but, I'm getting on getting better. Sorry to see you all getting ripped off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The funny this is that one of my stolen photos was shot under my boat in the marina in dirty water. I saw a Navanax about to eat a Hermissenda and fired off a couple shots as I was descending. I cut half of the navanax out of the frame but they still used that one. I have much better navanax photos.

... and I have much better lumpsucker pictures ... that one's old, and taken with a cheap P&S camera. Starting next month I'll probably get some even nicer ones ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

<<price tags>>

Hmmm... I'm wondering how that worked...They somehow got these photos. Then they said, I haven't taken them, I don't even have a camera, and I have no idea where these photos came from, so let's see.... I'll sell them online! I can understand if you are directly the thief and why you stole them and then sold them, or you get them and just look at them yourself but to sell what's obviously not your property is pretty bad.

Hopefully you treated the photos from their Facebook page with similar kindness...

To Stuart,
As a former professional photographer I feel I have some basis with which to say this:

What you did was complete BS, and your WEAK "apology" after being caught was a JOKE. Total douche move dude.

This line is a real head scratcher: 'If you would like it removed completely, let us know.'

So now it's the photographer's responsiblility, whose images you RIPPED OFF, to ask you to remove them? Wow, another DOUCHE move.

And the photographers should feel at ease since you never sold any of the images? Guess what bro...they were still stolen. Not only stolen, but altered to hide the watermarks. You knew damn well what you were doing.

Freaking douche move dude.
Ouch!

Back
Top Bottom