Aquarena Trip report 2/1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubashawn123

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
What a breathtaking day. 72 degrees in the water, hot and sunny out of the water, a little wind in the morning.

Saw many folks from Dallas, people learning to dive in classes, tech classes practicing multi-gas techniques.

I guess the harvester ran over the uw cam cable, it needs repair, I had the housing at home this week for annual cleaning of the scale build up, and did not get to put it back on line today.

Got some great shots of Garr, lots of Garr, and Telipia (if that is how you spell it) probably around 45 of them old and newborns.

Also, for the first time recorded got a little video hit, of this odd carp.

Tried to make a dent cleaning deep hole. Some progress made.

Saw lots of good friends and divers at Aquarena today. It was a really fun day.

Thank you Bill and Scott for showing up. Sorry to wake you Zinc, guess you missed the day. :rofl3: I understand how it is being single and Saturday night. We had an early call to spend all day in the water.

Shawn O.

A buddy and I are going to Aquarena tomorrow and will continue working on deep hole cleaning. I hope we get to see a bunch of gar, since I will have the camera along for the dive.

360 Day a Year Aquarena Trip Report

Viz: Clear
Depth: None
Water Temps: 72 at the surface and depth (i.e. 20')

:rofl3:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

What a breathtaking day. 72 degrees in the water, hot and sunny out of the water, a little wind in the morning.

Saw lots of good friends and divers at Aquarena today. It was a really fun day.

Shawn O.

Sounds much like the beautiful, sunny winter day a year ago when FooMan and I met you, K-Valve, and Zinc at Aquarena! It was a nice day, diving and meeting new friends is always good. A bad thing happened to Zinc- guess he never did get his way expensive Henderson hooded core warmer back... And we went to eat with you and K-Valve at that great hamburger spot on the river.

Time to do it again!

Sounds much like the beautiful, sunny winter day a year ago when FooMan and I met you, K-Valve, and Zinc at Aquarena! It was a nice day, diving and meeting new friends is always good. A bad thing happened to Zinc- guess he never did get his way expensive Henderson hooded core warmer back... And we went to eat with you and K-Valve at that great hamburger spot on the river.

Time to do it again!

My thoughts exactly. What a nice time I had. And oh that burger............

miss you guys

360 Day a Year Aquarena Trip Report - as reported previously by K-Valve

Yesterday we acheived 26' dive at Deep Hole (no shovel required) and cleaned major growth from Archeological site, took a few photos and entertained the glass bottom boat guests.

Attachments

• Pic_0082a.jpg
    Pic_0082a.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 39
  • Pic_0087a.jpg
    Pic_0087a.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 43
  • Pic_0090a.jpg
    Pic_0090a.jpg
    408.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Pic_0092a.jpg
    Pic_0092a.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Pic_0093a.jpg
    Pic_0093a.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 43

So what happens the other 5 days of the year? Earthquake days? :wink:

So what happens the other 5 days of the year? Earthquake days? :wink:

Ohh...I don't know...I just figured even the pristine waters of Ralph the Diving Pig fame might have a lower viz day every so often. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom