AquaLung Zuma - ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know if the Zuma Pro available in Canada?
I do not know.

Where did you find Zuma Pro to buy it? I havent' been able to locate any in the US.
I purchased mine through Aqua Lung via our AL sales rep. May want to contact a store that carries AL and see if they can order one. We had a limited number available to us.

I am considering selling mine, I'm sure I will not be the only one. Keep an eye out.

I do not know.

I purchased mine through Aqua Lung via our AL sales rep. May want to contact a store that carries AL and see if they can order one. We had a limited number available to us.

I am considering selling mine, I'm sure I will not be the only one. Keep an eye out.

Why do you estimate people will be selling their Zuma Pro?

For me it is the inability to trim the rig out to an acceptable level without adding addtional rigging. I have to use an addtional tank band with weight pockets positioned near the crown of the tank to trim the rig out. I can not be the only one that has issues with trim on a Zuma.
Since most of my tec will be sidemount, I'll switch my doubles wing to a single and dive that.

I don't have any trouble trimming out in the Zuma, though I personally need to carry extra weights when leading dives in case my divers end up light at the safety stop, so I've ordered the optional trim weight pockets that attach to the cam band since weights stored there are easy for me to donate. The one thing that bothers me most about the rig is that the padding used in place of the backplate seems to make it more buoyant than other BCs so I need more weight anyway.

I do not know.

Thanks... I have contacted my local LDS and AL told them the Pro version will only be sold to instructors... I guess AL have created a limited amount and they are saving them... Too bad, I do like my Zuma but I am still concerned about it's durability.... I may end up purchasing the Zeagle Stiletto instead and sell mine...

Thread is a little old now, but thought I'd add a few thoughts for anyone looking into the Zuma.

My wife and I both have Zumas (her's is the SM, mine the Med) We've taken them on three trips now requiring flying (BVI twice for 10 days each time and to Key Largo for a week) so we have over 40 dives each in them. Travel hasn't been an issue of course - it packs so small it pretty much dissapears in your bag. Function is really good, as others have stated, but I've found a real challenge with the fit. My wife's fits her perfectly so she has no complaints at all, but mine just doesn't fit right. Everything you'd want it to do as a travel BC is great it seems if it fits properly. For me (5'-8" and 30" waist) it just doesn't seem to work out - and the small just doesn't have enough strap for my hight to get the belt to my waist where it belongs, not to mention I'd have to ditch the chest strap because it would choke me. Given the way it fits, I run into the same problems mentioned earlier with things like trying to balance out. The ditch weights slide way around to the front, since I have to cinch up the belt so far, creating some real problems that I blance out with some weight on the tank. After tinkering with it for a year, I can level out and float at the surface the way I want, but it was a bit too much trial and error. Dumping air is also a problem depending on how it fits you, the upper dump valve on my wife's is in perfect position to dump the bladder, but mine sits far enough back that I have to twist and turn to get the bladder empty - I've seen this with another person as well in the Zuma - it just didn't fit him correctly either.

All in all, I'd agree that most of the positive comments in the thread are accurate, you just have to be the "size" that AL designed the Zuma for or you'll run into the "fit impacting function" problems I have. As for my wife, she wouldn't dive in anything else - for me, I've picked up an Apeks WTX and stripped it down to the basics so I can travel with it. I'm not ditching the Zuma, it's just not going to be what I grab first in most cases I believe. I'm holding out that AL adds another size with the same over the shoulder dimensions as the Med but with a more athletic build in mind.

Back
Top Bottom