AquaLung Zuma thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Zuma is 11 years old - 130 dives with it. Still love it for traveling (low weight) as I put it in my checked bag. Only problem I ever read about was the recall on the integrated weight pouches - I had no problems with them but had them replaced anyway since there was no charge. Anything else I read was just a like or a dislike. Wish it had a few more D rings as the newer model does, but I added my own.

first Zumas being somewhat flimsy and not holding up well,

Mine still looks good and functions well. The way I treat my gear is nothing like many SB'ers describe in different threads - I should do better. For my recreational diving, unless something goes wrong with it, I'll use it until it wears out.

My Zuma is 11 years old - 130 dives with it. Still love it for traveling (low weight) as I put it in my checked bag. Only problem I ever read about was the recall on the integrated weight pouches - I had no problems with them but had them replaced anyway since there was no charge. Anything else I read was just a like or a dislike. Wish it had a few more D rings as the newer model does, but I added my own.

Mine still looks good and functions well. The way I treat my gear is nothing like many SB'ers describe in different threads - I should do better. For my recreational diving, unless something goes wrong with it, I'll use it until it wears out.

Thank you. I've been eyeing the Zuma for a while, but got the Lotus a couple of years ago when I finally put my Seaquest Diva out to pasture (or really to the back of my closet in the basement, it still looks and works just fine). I may look at it again.

The wife and me both use zuma's they pack awesome for traveling. It feels nice in the water the only and I emphasize only drawback is trim. I fix that by strapping 2lbs around top of tank. We have around 50 dives on ours and 40 of those are travel dives to mexico. Regs zuma masks and wetsuit all go in our backpacks. Fins go in check bags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom