Aqualung Titan -vs- Zeagle Envoy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TyTy

Contributor
Reaction score
Well, thought I was decided on the Envoy but just called the closest Zeagle dealer (few miles away) and over the phone he pitched me on the Titan. He said their price is the same (good price on both) but his key points were that there are a lot more Aqualung dealers worldwide and he thinks it is a little better performer than the Envoy.

I know Aqualung is a very world renowned brand but I was kind of against buying from a French company versus one in FL especially and I was just kind of zeroing in on the Envoy yet I had looked a good bit at the titan just kind of gravitated towards the envoy.

But seeing as how he will sell them for the same exact price ($255) now I guess I am rethinking. I've read everything on this site about both and they seem to both get nothing but compliments. Hmmmm..... The dealer availability might put me over the edge.

TyTy:
Well, thought I was decided on the Envoy but just called the closest Zeagle dealer (few miles away) and over the phone he pitched me on the Titan. He said their price is the same (good price on both) but his key points were that there are a lot more Aqualung dealers worldwide and he thinks it is a little better performer than the Envoy.

Both are good and, IMHO, good value: solid performers, not too expensive and reliable.

My first reg (which I still own) was a Titan. I now dive a Zeagle Flathead XP with an Envoy octo. The I don't think you can go wrong here, but regarding the number of dealers: whether this is effects you will depend on your plans for the future...Do you intend to do extended travel/live elsewhere where service for the Zeagle would be inconvenient? If so, maybe the Titan is a better choice. If not, then its 'a horse apiece'.

BTW, If you do get the titan, get a decent octo, not that cheap one that looks like a hockey puck...I made that mistake.

I used a Titan when I got certified (and after while renting for a few dives) and found it to be a decent reg. However, when I bought my own gear, I chose to buy a Zeagle Envoy (and octo) instead. For me the Envoy breathes easier than a Titan, and I admit I like the "perfect" scores is earned in the ScubaLab tests.

My DH was all set to buy the Titan since he really liked it during our certification (and after) but the Legend was recommended by someone we really respect as an easier breather than the Titan. After he started using the Legend, he felt the same way as our friend.

I live in Atlanta but I do most of my diving in Pensacola (parents live down there and have a boat).

Zeagle does not have a dealer in any of the 3 Pensacola dive shops. Aqualungs is a dealer at two out of three.

In Atlanta the dive shop I like the best is a Aqualungs dealer but not a Zeagle dealer, however there are multiple Zeagle dealers in the area.

Dont plan on living out of the country, probably some out of the country diving though.

I guess since I will always have access to a dealer in Atlanta then I should go with the reg I think is better. I think the Envoy is better so I think I will go with that one unless someone convinces me otherwise.

TyTy:
I live in Atlanta but I do most of my diving in Pensacola (parents live down there and have a boat).

Zeagle does not have a dealer in any of the 3 Pensacola dive shops. Aqualungs is a dealer at two out of three.

In Atlanta the dive shop I like the best is a Aqualungs dealer but not a Zeagle dealer, however there are multiple Zeagle dealers in the area.

Dont plan on living out of the country, probably some out of the country diving though.

I guess since I will always have access to a dealer in Atlanta then I should go with the reg I think is better. I think the Envoy is better so I think I will go with that one unless someone convinces me otherwise.

Like you, I'm drawn by the ScubaLab Reviews. I love my Envoy, but never considered the Aqualung (personal prejudice). I did consider the Sherwoods, but went with the Envoy (not Deluxe). I love the reg. Breathes great in all positions (and I've tried them all eyebrow . Lots of air, and really comfortable. Plus, it's made in the US of A. I don't consider whether it can be serviced overseas, because I take meticulous care of my gear, and have it serviced annually locally. Also, Lifetime warranty. BTW, ScubaToys has a great price for SB members on the Zeagle, as well.

I think that you would like them both. The titan is a really good first stage. But there is defintely something to be said about the balanced zeagle second stage. Is it the regular titan or the LX. If not I would go with Zeagle.

Never breathed the Envoy, but I love my Titan. I honestly don't know what people are talking about the degree of "easy breathing"...my reg breathes very easily at 100 feet, upside down, or whatever, but then again so does any reg I've ever tried. I'm under the impression that basically all major regs these days are so overbuilt for the needs of a recreational diver that they're all great, safe and reliable (a good thing).

I got a Titan (my first reg) because it was inexpensive, and it's one of the most common rental regs, so is very rugged. It's also EXTREMELY simple. You can pop the second stage open without tools (at least on mine). And basically anyone who can service regulators can service this one.

You can't go wrong with any Zeagle gear I have ever seen, though, and with the deal ScubaToys would give you on servicing it (like $40+free parts if you buy the reg from them...not much more if you bought it elsewhere), it really doesn't matter if there's a dealer nearby who can service it for you. Just mail it to ScubaToys once a year.

I doubt you can go wrong here. If you like the Zeagle "just because", then go for it! :D

Gregg

Good advice everyone, thank you.

I think Im going to do Envoy from scubatoys.com for the tax savings and 10% savings. I like the reviews on the envoy, I dont think I have heard one negative thing about it on this board. Also I really like that they are out of the US and Florida even. If servicing is not a problem I like knowing I can send it to TX to get worked on and I always have 3 or more certified dealers within 10 miles of me here in Atl.

Good deal, thank you

If servicing ever becomes an issue, we will service your regs here at Zeagle. We always suggest using an authorized Zeagle dealer, but if there is none in your area - or you prefer not to deal with a certain shop, we will be happy to do it for you.

We are probably a little more expensive than using a dealer, as we do not want to compete with the local dive shops, but I would hate for someone not to buy our product because they had a fear of where to get it serviced!

Thanks and dive safe!

Scott

ScottZeagle:
If servicing ever becomes an issue, we will service your regs here at Zeagle. We always suggest using an authorized Zeagle dealer, but if there is none in your area - or you prefer not to deal with a certain shop, we will be happy to do it for you.

We are probably a little more expensive than using a dealer, as we do not want to compete with the local dive shops, but I would hate for someone not to buy our product because they had a fear of where to get it serviced!

Thanks and dive safe!

Scott

Well, there ya go. Its a good sign when the manufacturer has people on the boards.

Zeagle Envoy x2 it is! (Myself and my girlfriend are buying eachother regs for x-mas!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom