Aqualung/Technisub Folding snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But it's NOT 800 psi. It's only 800 PSI under absolute worst case conditions. That's a 10 minute swim either way, under stress, hoovering air, with your reg in your mouth the ENTIRE TIME.

A 200 m swim in full equipment, with fins on, should take you what - 3 minutes?

Furthermore - again, why don't you just float on your back?

i'm sorry but i must disagree with most people here... if you're going to use a snorkel, i would use just a regular run of the line J type snorkel with a purge valve.. (easy and simple to use yet very functional) when it comes to collapsable snorkels: think of it this way... you're at the surface, and you want to use your snorkel. By the time you pull it out, unfold it, clip it to your mask, you would probably be out of the water. and the same goes for if you're doing a surface swim : you swim out to the site, unclip it from your mask to put it in the case (at the same time you risk dropping it in the water) For the time vs convenience aspect, if you're going to use a snorkel, my recommendation is to go with a snorkel that you can use all around with a smooth 1 inch bore and a purge valve. to my opinion i think the collapsible snorkel is a waste of money instead for the same price i would opt for the akona Andros.

Menoncle

Jagfish -
I bought the Aqualung "Snap" (in Clear) recently. I think that's the same one you're considering? I've snorkeled with it on a couple of river dives. It works okay as a snorkel (it's not the tallest kid on the block). I do like the way it will roll/fold/wad up however you need it to.
-Bryan

I recently purchased this snorkel. I decided to get a foldable snorkel to use when I am diving with a long hose but need the snorkel when I am working with classes. The foldable snorkel allows me to tuck it in my pocket when I am not using it. The snorkel serves the purpose but if I wanted to skin dive I would use my J tube snorkel.

I've got a SNAP for emergency use and to comply with Laguna Beach Regs. I've used it and I don't like it much, but it would work when I needed it. I have another snorkel for real use and freediving demos. I keep the snap in one of my back trim weight pouches, not real convenient, but I can get it.

Back
Top Bottom