Aqualung Spiro.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sherwoodranger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
20170319_111249.jpg 20170319_111308.jpg 20170319_111340.jpg Hi all just wondering if anyone can help me identify a set of regulators i have just won on E bay. they have come in a reg bag that says Spiro on it but the top of the yoke says Aqualung. it has four LP ports and what looks like 2 HP ports. the second stage says Spiro XR2 CRYO. All looks in excellent condition with a US Diver twin console. the previous owner say that it has been used approx 12 times.

Last edited:
It's the same as the Cousteau first stage, made by Spiro I bellieve sold in some places badged USDivers/Aqualung as a Cousteau. I used to own one great reg, heavy as hell, 1/2 primary LP port. 4 LP ports one 1/2 and 3x 3/8 and 2x HP ports. Most parts are still available for them.

Hi buddhasummer thanks for the info. I think you maybe right. Just had a look for owners manuals online and they look the same. Intresting to note it can be converted to din fitting. Any idea on the cold water performance of this set up including the xr2 cryo second stage.

It's sealed so it would be fine in cold water. I'm not familiar with the second stages. If it has a metal finned jam nut, where the hose attaches to the second stage and a metal air barrel it will be ok. Even if not it would still probably be ok. Do you have a photo? I'm guessing it came as a set from new so given the first stage is sealed I'll assume the second stage is equally suited to cold water.

It the SEA First stage, and I have a Cryo 2nd stage on one of these units. They are fine in cold water. Your picture shows that it has a "Dry Environment" Kit, which will help in keeping the reg from freezing. Here is a link to the repair manual for the SEA www.frogkick.dk/manuals/aqualung/Cousteau-SEA

The Cryo 2ns stage is a mechanical and not a Balanced 2nd stage. It wont breath as easy a balanced but less likely to free flow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom