Aqualung Octopus hose on Scubapro G250V

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aoumi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Just purchased and installed a new universal Aqualung octo hose on my Scubapro G250V (see photo). After installing, I noticed that where the octo hose fitting comes out of the 2nd Stage inlet connection (the hose end of the fitting, not the nut end), if you grab the hose, there is a very very small amount of play in and out. Also, there is also a small amount of side to side play.

I double checked against another G250V which I have as a primary (which still has the original Scubapro high-flow hose), and the side-to-side movement is there, just a touch less, but with no in-out play.

The G250V with the Aqualung octo hose connected has no resistance when you rotate the 2nd stage on the hose swivel (hose stationary), it swivels completely freely. However the G250V attached to the original Scubapro hose does have quite a bit of resistance when trying to rotate the 2nd stage, it will not turn so freely.

Just want to check, is the above ok? Also, is an Aqualung octo hose and G250V compatible?

Thanks!

Attachments

• hose1.jpg
    hose1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 151
I can't give a definitive answer having never tried/seen this hose but would suggest you hook it up to a tank and see, if it holds pressure and doesn't leak you're probably hood to go. Hopefully one of the SP or AL experts will weigh in. I would suspect it's ok. Good luck.

Unpressurized, all of my AL, Apeks and Sherwood seconds do this, some more than others.. Pressurize the reg and stick the second stage under water. If it does not leak, it is fine.

It is normal--unless--the insert in the plastic second stage housing is moving. What you describe is movement in the hose fitting, that is normal unless it is leaking under pressure when rotated and wiggled.

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom