Aqualung Mikron yoke to DIN conversion simple or expensive compromise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

walkonmars

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Folks,

Just wondering if I purchase an Aqualung Mikron and want to convert it to DIN, will the change be expensive? (Is the fitting only available from Aqualung and no cheap generic fitting exists?) The old versions (No ACD) are on sale cheap, right now.

Also, will the conversion make the fitting stick out a lot more than a standard original DIN manufactured first stage?

I would like to try the Mikron as a pony bottle regulator I strap to my back with the second stage as a necklace. I was hoping to streamline my rig a bit (even though I dive a drysuit so I may be getting little benefit.).

Thanks
T

parts are $75, you should be able to DIY, but your LDS should do it for free if you buy it from them. If they tell you it needs a full service, go to another dive shop because they're trying to rip you off.
Aqualung Mikron/Titan Din Adapter

It will be exactly the same as if it came from the factory as DIN.

spin on yoke adapters will make it stick farther out from the valve, but as said, you can DIY the conversion so I will convert to yoke prior to travelling if I know I'm going to dive yoke

Last edited:
As above, no problems at all with the adapter. I use DIN but when travelling have used Yoke adapters - I haven't bothered buying an adapter because an email prior to travel confirms if the op I'm diving with does or does not have adapters. It's so easy I've done it on a moving boat.

The Mikron din regs were on sale too but looks like its just the yoke now. We have 4 and one is dedicated to the pony. Great regs and perfect for pony bottles. Small and lightweight. Perfect for travel.

Yes the conversion is simple and your LDS should include it with the cost of the kit. It will actually make the 1st stage light and more streamline. I highly recommend it. And servicing a Mikron is a breeze.

Thanks everyone. I usually service my own regs anyway so the change should be easy. I have an Apeks ATX200 in DIN and yoke so I may have the correct adapter already, if they are interchangeable. Leisure pro has the Mikron for $299. Any better deals than that?

If you service your own consider a used off eBay though they are a bit rare and still tend to be pricey. And Bryan with VDH carries the kits.

Thanks everyone. I usually service my own regs anyway so the change should be easy. I have an Apeks ATX200 in DIN and yoke so I may have the correct adapter already, if they are interchangeable. Leisure pro has the Mikron for $299. Any better deals than that?

they are not the same

Thanks,

It seemed like a good set-up for a pony. Less stuff hanging off me even though we all have a lot hanging gear as is.
Used they seem to fall in the $200 range.

Sometimes in the 150 range. Even rarer but I have seen din’s listed.

If you are not in a hurry and money tight, sit back and watch ebay. If you need it now, bite the bullet and buy new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom