Aqualung LX Supreme and DS4 compatibility

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crazycons

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys,

I think about the combination of an Apeks DS4 1. stage and an Aqualung LX Supreme 2. stage. This should be ok concerning insurance and juristic questions due to both parts are manufactured by Aqualung and even listed together.

The only thing concerning me is the intermediate pressure of both parts. Is it the same pressure and can I combine the 1. and 2. stage risk-free? Do you have any experience with this combination?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Constantin

First of all, which LX are you talking about? The Legend or the Titan?

Secondly, Aqualung sells Apeks, but they do not make it. Apeks makes Apeks. Aqualung is merely the parent company and deals with distribution to the market.

I'm sure you could use them together, but they may have different intermediate pressures, which may cause a problem. I am not a service tech, so I can't say that for sure. Hopefully someone will speak up.

I was talking about the Titan Model. The same parent company should also work as an argument for compatibility in an insurance case.

The question for equal intermediate pressures is more a safety issue and therefore more interesting for me. If you're right with the assumption of different intermediate pressures the combination should not be dived...

I hope somebody can solve the question.
Thanks for your help so far!

These will work fine with each other. Apeks manufactures their own regs but there are regulator techs here on SB that will point out that Apeks and Aqualung regs share many of the same parts, esp. on the second stages.

I don't understand why you are planning on an insurance case though. :confused:

The IP's are within the same range, but I don't understand why you want to combine the two, since both Apeks and AL balanced seconds will breath similarly. And, what is that insurance thing?

Hey guys,

thanks for your answers.
The explanation concerning insurance is hard to understand for so who isn't german. Germany is a little bit over-regulated. We have an institution called TÜV which tests technical equipment (cars, machines,... and also diving equipment). In case of an accident no german health insurance will pay if the equipment doesn't fit the TÜV standards. The argument is that the accident could have been avoided with the correct equipment.
So in case that you mix different brands you need to certify the mixture as a new product and run it through TÜV tests. So you are treated as the manufacturer of this set.

I know it's weired but that's Germany :) Too good organized, very administrative and very carefull.

The reason for needing a single 1. stage is that I have a set with octopus and I will have two separat systems. Even if one 1. stage freezes the octopus will still work.

Take care and good air
Constantin

Back
Top Bottom